KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors.
Job Title: Mentor / Teaching Assistant
Location: Wigan based
Salary: £14,000 - £18,000 (Depending on skills and experience)
Package: Excellent Holiday Entitlement, Pension + much more
Type: Full Time / Permanent
- Assist the Teacher / Tutor in the planning and delivery of lessons, preparation of teaching resources and the classroom environment.
- Provide one to one support to students within the classroom, to complete challenging tasks (from vulnerable / challenging behaviours, to gifted and talented students).
- Provide continuous motivation and encouragement to develop student’s learning, knowledge and understanding.
- Support Teachers / Tutors to ensure effective educational practice, using a variety of teaching methods.
- Contribute to the preparation of learning plans, reports and progression records.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings and the development of curriculum plans.
- Helping in preparing students for examinations.
- Hold GCSE Maths and English Grade C as a minimum, or a Level 2 Qualification in Maths and English.
- Ideally, hold a level 3 qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (desirable)
- Experience working with young people aged 11 – 16 years old (ideally within an educational setting, although this is not essential).
- Knowledge and understanding of any issues that young people may face within a social or school setting.
- Confident and professional, with the ability to inspire and motivate young people.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.