Up to £19000 per annum
Tutor / Trainer
Permanent | Full Time
Waltham Forest College are recruiting for a Exams Officer
Waltham Forest College is one of London's most successful Colleges and in February 2018 Ofsted judged the College to be 'Good' in all that we do. The College is proud to be described as an 'inclusive college' and having a diverse workforce that mirrors our local community.
From the moment you walk into our spectacular building you can see that this is a college built for success. The College firmly believes that our employees are the heart of the organisation and having the right people in the right place is the key to our success.
To assist with the provision of high quality, responsive examination systems to meet the current and future needs of the College and which support staff in their management of the learning process
* To promote the highest possible standards in customer care, equal opportunities and health and safety practices for the benefit of learners and the wider community served by the College
* To work closely with the Examinations Manager and Examinations Advisor in developing, planning and implementing systems and procedures
* To collate data from a variety of sources and ensure it is input accurately and efficiently into awarding body systems.
* To participate in operational planning and quality assurance processes
* To ensure a high quality, efficient and cost-effective service to the learner and internal customer through the development of human and physical resources
* To ensure under the guidance of the Examination Manager, that examination papers and assessments are held securely in accordance to Joint Council Regulations
* To be familiar with, correctly interpret and implement relevant examination board regulations and procedures
* To liaise closely with appropriate curriculum delivery staff regarding the team's examination, registration and assessment requirements
* To be responsible for ensuring high quality and efficient input of data relating to examinations and assessments
* To set up and monitor systems and procedures for examination and finance systems.
* To administer online examinations on demand in the College using awarding body software as appropriate
* To maintain precise and up-to-date information regarding the scheduling of examinations to ensure that deadlines are adhered to
* To liaise with finance to ensure that appropriate examination/assessment fees are charged to students
* To ensure appropriate coding is used and all data inputted, providing reports to Examinations Manager as required.
* To enter data from a variety of sources accurately into awarding body software for the required qualification
* To liaise with Examinations Manager to plan and monitor workload during peak periods to ensure examinations entries and results are processed efficiently to meet internal and external deadlines.
* To provide statistical information as directed by the Examination Manager.
* To ensure that adequate stationery resources required for use in examinations are maintained
* To assist in the delivery and collection of examination papers and assessments across College sites in accordance with the Joint Council Regulations
* To liaise with the Examination Manager and personnel to ensure that local invigilation requirements are fulfilled
* To carry out Health and Safety Risk Assessments as required.
* To contribute to setting up service standards for the Department, monitoring performance against standards and preparing action plans for improvement.
* To assist the Funding and Data Department by providing administrative services to meet peak demands.
* In conjunction with the Examination Manager to respond to issues arising out of visiting examination board inspector's reports
* To attend and participate in internal and external examination meetings/events/training and assist with the implementation of any resulting procedures that affect the College examinations service
* Owing to the nature of the work of the College examinations, to work outside the normal contractual hours of the post, for which time off in lieu will be granted
College aspires to be an outstanding College and in recognition of the crucial role that members of staff play, individually and collectively, in achieving and maintaining high standards all employees are required to:
* Be a positive ambassador for the College at all times.
* To adhere to the College's policies, procedures and practices regarding the safeguarding of learners, including attendance at training and updating sessions as required and responding appropriately and supportively to any issues associated with safeguarding.
* Adhere-to the College policies, codes, procedures and frameworks.
* Undertake continuing personal and work related professional and skills development.
* Work collaboratively with colleagues across the College as a whole so as to support the achievement of the College goals.
* Be a positive role model in terms of supporting and promoting equality & diversity.
* Understand and actively support the College's approach to health and safety and, in particular, to take into account the duty of care for others and oneself in all day to day actions.
* Make an active and positive contribution to team meetings, one to one sessions with line managers and the appraisal process
To apply for this vacancy or for more information, please apply now below to Waltham Forest Colleges recruitment partner Morgan Hunt, who will give you a call to discuss the position in more detail. Additional information can be found on the below link
https://www.morganhunt.com/minisites/waltham-forest-college Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.