Family Learning Coordinator
£30,233 - £32,394FE Management Salary
36 hours per week, Permanent
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
Hounslow Adult and Community Education provide learning opportunities for adults and families seeking to fulfil their potential across a range of skills and subjects. The Service seeks a motivated, innovative individual with a real ability to engage and inspire learners to join our team. You will be working and reaching out to families from a range of backgrounds to engage them in formal and informal learning opportunities across locations in the borough. You will work in partnership with parents and carers to involve them in their child’s learning. Evening and weekend work will be required. If you hold a relevant qualification and have some supervisory or management experience, we would like to hear from you. The post requires some teaching along with supporting Community Learning Department Manager to deliver outstanding provision.
1. Develop and maintain an effective network of partnerships with families, other local service providers, Council Departments, voluntary groups, community groups, Children’s Centres, Schools, libraries to identify local needs, promote family learning and develop programmes to meet these needs.
2. Planning and delivery of programmes, ensuring timetabling of provision and resources are in place, which support the service quality standards and department targets.
3. To develop and ensure the delivery of high quality learning experiences to all learners and to promote high standards of teaching. Undertake observation of teaching and learning, mentor and support the development of family learning tutors.
4. Liaise with department managers/teaching staff to ensure the best possible E Learning resources are available and accessible.
1. Able to form effective and productive relationships with community stakeholders, senior management and partners, both on an individual and team basis.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write accurate reports in plain English and present complex information easily in an understandable form, ability to be able to influence a wide range of stakeholders.
3. Strong people skills, with the ability to motivate and support others to achieve successful outcomes and deal with under performance
4. Ability to cope with continuous and complex changes, to be flexible, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Essential for The Role
• (QUALIFICATIONS OR MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE BEFORE APPLYING)
• Have relevant vocational or professional qualifications.
• Have a recognised teaching qualification, Certificate in Education, Certificate in Community Learning, PGCE or equivalent.
• Level 2 Literacy or equivalent (GCSE A* - C, CSE 1, O Level A-C) Level 2 numeracy or equivalent.
• Digital skills, demonstrate that you are competent and working at a general level (Level 2) as set out by the Framework of Standards for Digital Skills
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8583 6009
To view the Job Description, Employee Specification and Employee Benefits please visit our website.
To apply, please visit https://lbhouli.webitrent.com/lbhouli_webrecruitment/wrd/run/etrec105gf.open?wvid=64487200ZM
Closing date: 26th November 2017
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 4th of December 2017
It is our practice that any offer of employment will be made at the bottom of our pay scale.