Community Learning Coordinator – FTE .5
£15,116.5 -£16,197 pa FE Management salary
18 hours per week, Permanent
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
Hounslow Adult and Community Education provide learning opportunities for adults seeking to fulfil their potential across a range of skills and subjects. The Service seeks a motivated, innovative individual with real ability to engage and inspire learners, to join the Community Learning team. You will be working and reaching out to adults from a wide range of backgrounds to engage them in formal and informal learning opportunities across several locations in the borough. Evening and weekend work will be required.
If you hold a relevant qualification and have some supervisory or management experience, we would like to hear from you. The post requires some teaching along with supporting Community Learning Department Manager to deliver outstanding provision.
1. Assist the Department Manager with planning and delivery of programmes, ensuring timetabling of provision and resources are in place and the monitoring of the achievement of learner and department targets.
2. Support the development and delivery of high quality learning experiences to all learners and promote high standards of teaching. Undertake observation of teaching and learning.
3. Support the department with the production of marketing and pre course information, ensuring that all provision is marketed and learners are given every opportunity to access.
4. Liaise with department managers/teaching staff to ensure the best possible E Learning resources are available and accessible.
1. Experience of leading improvements in teaching and learning. Minimum of two years ‘teaching or training experience’.
2. Strong people skills, with the ability to motivate and support others to achieve successful outcomes and deal with under performance
3. Able to form effective and productive relationships with senior management, colleagues and community stakeholders, both on an individual and team basis.
4. Ability to cope with continuous and complex changes, to be flexible, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Essential for The Role
• Have relevant vocational or professional qualifications.
• Have a recognised teaching qualification, Certificate in Education, Certificate in Community Learning, PGCE or equivalent.
• Level 2 Literacy or equivalent (GCSE A* - C, CSE 1, O Level A-C) Level 2 numeracy or equivalent.
• Digital skills, demonstrate that you are competent and working at a general level (Level 2) as set out by the Framework of Standards for Digital Skills
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact email@example.com or 020 8583 6009
To view the Job Description, Employee Specification and Employee Benefits please visit our website.
To apply, please visit https://lbhouli.webitrent.com/lbhouli_webrecruitment/wrd/run/etrec105gf.open?wvid=64487200ZM
Closing date: 26th November 2017
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 4th of December 2017
It is our practice that any offer of employment will be made at the bottom of our pay scale.