Lead Auditor - Remote - National
If you’re an Audit Specialist, within the independent training sector with a talent for identifying great practice and developing strategy, ready to support a growing skills provider through its next phase of evolution, this may be the perfect opportunity for you. We are looking for an experienced and innovative Lead Auditor to join and lead our audit team.
In return we offer a supportive environment where your CPD is as important to us as the education of our learners and a competitive salary and benefits package.
A bit about us…
Everything we do is about inspiring people to succeed. We are one of the UKs leading providers of skills and apprenticeship training. Our pledge is to ‘deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment to every learner, every time’. We want every one of our 4,000+ learners to succeed and more than that, we have the experience, the skills and the passion to help them do just that. We create programmes that are right for learners and employers. We inspire them to achieve, to create their own opportunities and to enjoy their own unique career path.
We firmly believe that if it doesn’t make a difference, then it’s not worth doing.
Reporting to the Head of Funding and Compliance, the successful candidate will ensure the smooth and effective running of internal and external Audits throughout the UK. Leading, developing and coaching your team to maximise productivity, you will develop and educate the business on compliance and audit strategy to improve provisions across the company. As well as drive and manage data integrity to meet funding body requirements.
This is a fulfilling, involved and hands-on role within an expanding and progressive company. At Paragon Skills, we invest strongly in our own and we expect capability, commitment and the highest quality of work – if you have what it takes to really shine in an ambitious environment, then we want to meet you!
You can expect the role to involve:
* Helping the team to carry out internal audit and compliance checks while assisting the business teams to carry out 10% audits
* Providing training and development of internal audit and compliance for the organisation
* Assisting the Head of Funding & Compliance on external PFA and funding body audits
* Using external PDSAT reports to aid the development of internal reporting mechanisms to minimise risk
* Facilitating and supporting the Audit team to carry out funding and compliance audits as well as ensuring data integrity and audits are delivered to the agreed service level agreements.
* Assisting the Head of Funding & Compliance with audit strategy as well as cross organisational communications in regards to audit and compliance
* Continually improving and evaluating processes of compliance against funding body requirements
* Over two years’ experience with an independent training provider
* Experience in carrying out financial audits and knowledge of government funding rules and contractual obligations
* Sound experience of communicating across a large multi-sector training provider
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience of managing a team of auditors
* Recognised internal audit qualification
* Good understanding of work based learning and funding
* Strong influencing skills