Role: CONSTRUCTION ASSESSORS – Wood Occupations, Trowel Occupations, Construction Maintenance
Contract: Royal Engineers Army Apprenticeships
Location: Royal Engineer Units within UK
Hours of work: One to two weeks for Skills Test/End Point Assessment, including back to back to meet Royal Engineer Regiments’ needs
Key Requirement: Travel is required for this role. Accommodation costs are covered by company and mileage/out of pocket expenses allowance is provided.
Start date: July 17
TQ Education and Training, a Pearson Company, is a provider of training services to the UK Ministry of Defence, other public sector organisations and private companies, both in the UK and overseas. TQ won the contract to deliver the Army Apprenticeship programme to the Corps of Royal Engineers in September 2011. These accredited training programmes include, Engineering, ICT, Fabrication and Construction.
Due to the success of this contract, we have an additional requirement for Construction Assessors (Wood Occupations, Trowel Occupations and Construction Maintenance) to assist in delivering the Construction Skills Tests and End Point Assessments at Royal Engineer Regiments throughout the UK.
Responsibilities will include:
• Support soldiers posted to Field Army in completing their Construction Army Apprenticeship framework, including delivering the Skills Tests/End Point Assessment projects
• Ensuring the quality of the Army Apprenticeship
• Assessment of Skills Test/End Point Assessment to internal and Awarding Body standards
• Knowledge of and experience in delivering Construction Apprenticeship programmes at Level 2 – Wood Occupations, Trowel Occupations and/or Construction Maintenance
• Able to work flexible hours and travel to UK based RE Regiments for up to a week at a time
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and confidence in dealing with people of all levels
• Ability to influence and motivate others
• Able to use own initiative, work under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Excellent organisational skills
• Full, current driving licence and car owner, with a willingness to use for business as required (mileage allowance payable)
• A1 qualification
• V1 qualification
• Experience of working with the military
APPLICATIONS: Interested applicants should apply in writing with a CV to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is exempt from the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and applicants will be expected to undertake an enhanced disclosure through the CRB.