Overall Job Purpose
Within the Apprenticeship team, the post holder will be responsible for a caseload of work-based Apprentice candidates nationally and will plan, support and carry out summative assessment against National Occupational Standards and competencies. Thus ensuring timely and successful achievement of apprenticeship trailblazer standards.
It is the role of Programme Tutor to ensure each candidate assigned is progressing within their programme monthly and achieves their qualifications and core requirements in a timely and orderly manner to the requirements of awarding bodies and apprenticeship standard.
To co-ordinate and carry out induction, support and assessment of candidates ensuring timely completion of each component of the individual learning plan, to meet or exceed the quality requirements of the awarding body, Skills Funding Agencies and other regulatory bodies.
1. Carry out learner inductions; this includes comprehensive completion of skills scans,
Individual learning plans and initial assessments to establish the correct level of support in cohesion with the Apprentices Employer.
2. Timely and effective completion of planned formative assessment and SFA documentation to meet Awarding Body, SFA and organisational requirements.
3. To manage a caseload of candidates as agreed with your Line Manager, to manage each candidate journey end to end ensuring an innovative, effective and supported experience for all.
4. Assessment of candidates to take place in accordance with sector, awarding body and TAQA guidelines.
5. Prepare, agree and review assessment plans with each candidate incorporating formative assessment of required standards.
6. To provide assessment and feedback to support achievement and progression to a high standard.
7. Undertake appropriate learning and development activities as required for the job role
and maintain a record of all CPD
8. Accurate maintenance of candidate records ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information is maintained.
9. Build robust partnerships with Employers to ensure a triangular approach to delivery
10. Operate a telephone help line with candidates
11. Attend team and standardisation meetings report on progress and share good practice.
12. Communicate with the Apprenticeship Manager on any candidate or employer matters.
13. Ensure compliance with Premier Partnership Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and all other relevant policies, procedures and quality standards.
14. To ensure compliance with the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Children and Adults policy.
Knowledge & Skills
• Must possess D32, D33, A1, A2 or TAQA award
• Ideally will hold a teaching qualification – minimum PTTLLS
• Experience of Apprenticeship delivery
• Experience of the use of an e-portfolio system
• Functional Skills delivery experience
• Experience of working in the training / education sector.
• At least 2 years’ experience of working within the public sector industry.
• Knowledge of apprenticeships and government funding requirements
Uses verbal business language that is clear, concise and can be accurately interpreted by the recipient.
Active Listening & Questioning:
Gathers, identifies and clarifies key elements of others communication in order to maximise understanding.
Aware of impact of own behaviour on others and modifies style to achieve results through good working relationships.
Encourages others towards a viewpoint/course of action through persuasive approach.
Focuses on the detail of a task and handles accurately and consistently.
Maintains stability of performance despite being under increased pressure within the unit.
Encourages team to work together by engendering a sense of collective responsibility, in order to achieve common goals. Leads by example when doing this.
Demonstrates an understanding of all the business activities with Premier Partnership.
Creates and seizes opportunities to propose ideas and take action in order to improve business performance.
Planning & Organising:
Establishes a clear course of action designed to achieve long or short term goals.
Prompts and responds to different ways of working in the face of changing situations.
Analyses and synthesises a wide range of information in order to draw conclusions or make decisions.
Makes timely decisions which demonstrate judgement in their formulation and implications.