Apprenticeship Trainer and Assessor – Management, Customer Service & Business Administration, Woking
£12,348.50 per annum pro rata to £24,697 per annum
Part Time, 18 hours per week
Woking Adult Learning Centre, Bonsey Lane, Woking, GU22 9PE.
Job Number: 100007921
Are you a highly skilled, experienced, enthusiastic and self motivated learning professional with a strong commitment to delivering quality apprenticeships?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of Apprenticeship Trainer and Assessor to deliver apprenticeships in Management, Customer Service and Business Administration for Surrey Community Learning and Skills.
You will be responsible for delivering an apprenticeship programme in the workplace, offering learners the support and training they need to develop and succeed. Responsibilities will include all aspects of apprenticeship and qualification delivery in line with the organisation’s Quality Assurance procedures so as to meet regulatory requirements.
The successful applicant will hold an assessor qualification (TAQA/A1 or equivalent), introductory teaching/training award (PTLLS/L3 Award in Education & Training) and level 2 qualifications in English and Maths. You will possess current knowledge of the occupational areas to be delivered/assessed. You will have experience of delivering training and assessment in the workplace to a range of learners, including those with additional needs. The role requires good planning and organisational skills to manage a caseload of learners and meet targets.
Surrey Community Learning and Skills is rated as Good (2) by Ofsted. We are proud of the service we deliver to over 10,000 learners from diverse backgrounds.
In a time of considerable change to the way apprenticeships are delivered and funded, the Service is planning to establish a programme that meets the needs of Surrey County Council as a major employer and similarly other employers in the County. The post-holder will need to be flexible and responsive to change in an evolving sector. The Apprenticeship Trainer and Assessor will be based at Woking, but regular business travel around the County is expected.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application and personal statement will clearly evidence:
• Success in developing learning programmes which are responsive to employers’ needs
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and motivate learners
• Excellent planning and organisational skills to manage a caseload of learners
• Success in supporting work based learners to achieve all aspects of the apprenticeship programme in a timely manner, including those with additional needs
• Experience of planning and delivering learning and assessment within a quality assurance framework
• Ability to initiate and respond to change within the delivery of the team’s programme area.
• Excellent IT skills, including the use of Information and Learning Technologies to effectively support the learning and assessment process.
For an informal discussion about the role, including working hours or pattern, please contact Emma Lindsey, Apprenticeship Development Manager on 01483 519669 or by email at email@example.com
To apply, click on below.
Closing date: 23:59 on 7th May 2017.
Interviews will be held during the week beginning 15th May 2017.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.