KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors.
Job Title: Head of Teaching and Learning
Location: Home / Field based – must be flexible with national travel
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 (including car allowance)
Package: Generous Holiday Entitlement, Mileage, Pension, + Much More!
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the overall continuous improvement and effectiveness of teaching, learning and assessment practices.
- Develop and implement evidence-based quality procedures to improve the learner experience, leading to an increase in retention, achievement and progression rates.
- Take a lead in the development and integration of interactive learning / e-technology, to enhance the learning experience.
- Research, develop and present new and exciting teaching strategies, that could be implemented across the business.
- Day-to-day management of a team; conducting one to one’s, staff recruitment, regular appraisals and performance reviews.
- Develop and maintain the quality improvement strategy, managing self-assessment and quality improvement plans.
- Identify any Teaching and Learning needs within the business, and ensure continued professional development programmes are in place
- Act as the main point of contact within the business for safeguarding and Prevent Strategies.
- Manage and improve the teaching and learning policy by using various data such as internal and external quality audits, EV reports, quality inspections and surveys.
- Sharing best practice across the business and setting a high example of quality standards and professionalism.
- Manage the policies and processes for the observation of teaching and learning across the business.
- Analyse observation reports to identify poor performance and implement corrective strategies.
- Assist with the preparation for all inspections and quality audits.
- Recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, CertEd or equivalent).
- Experience of working within a similar role within further education / work-based learning
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of quality and curriculum delivery models.
- Experience of developing effective and innovative training delivery models.
- Must have an excellent education – Minimum of GCSE Grade C or above in Maths / English (or equivalents).
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle.
- Must be flexible with travel.
- Organisational skills are a must, as well as the ability to plan your time effectively.
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.