Skills North East is a training provider who prides itself on delivering high quality training and qualifications to businesses and individuals.
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an Employability IQA to join the team covering the Hartlepool area. You will be responsible for supporting tutors while managing the internal quality assurance of employability skills and Health and Safety within a Construction Environment.
You will need to be flexible and have the ability to manage your own time, work to targets and build successful relationships with assessors, learners and Awarding Organisations.
Key responsibilities include:
• Internal verification/quality assurance of both Employability and Health and Safety within a Construction Environment qualifications.
• Support and coach tutors to deliver and achieve excellence in teaching, learning and assessment
• Examination of evidence in line with Awarding Organisation standards
• Conduct observations of assessment
• Conduct regular standardisation meetings
• Manage relationships with Awarding Organisations
• Develop, update and maintain sampling plans in line with the IQA strategy
• Drive and promote continuous quality improvement
• Conduct learner interviews and present findings to the senior management team
• Ensure that the assessment team embed Safeguarding, Prevent, British Values, Equality and Diversity
• Maintain CPD and support the development of tutors
Essential skills required:
• Assessor qualification (TAQA, A1, D32, D33)
• Verifiers award (IQA, V1, D34)
• Hold a minimum of a level 4 teaching qualification
• Experience of coaching and developing assessors
• Experience of planning and hosting EQA visits
• Experience of delivering and verifying Functional Skills would be desirable
• Hold a relevant subject area qualification, which could include any of the following:
- Level 3/4 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
- IOSH Managing Safely;
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health or above;
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
• Hold a full UK driving licence and have access to own transport