Skills North East is a training provider who prides itself on delivering high quality training and qualifications to businesses and individuals.
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an Employability Tutor to join the team with an immediate start in Hartlepool. You will be required to deliver an accredited qualification alongside employability skills to prepare learners for sustainable employment.
As an Employability Tutor, you must be enthusiastic and passionate about people development. You will need to adapt quickly to learners’ needs and be flexible with your delivery methods.
Classroom delivery will include a Health and Safety within a Construction Environment qualification while supporting learners with employability skills including CV writing, job searches and preparation for interviews.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Identify the learning needs of learners and define appropriate learning objectives to support the achievement of their qualification
• You will be responsible for maximising learner achievement and ensuring that learners are provided with an excellent learner experience
• Deliver high quality differentiated training that meets the Ofsted CIF.
• Deliver information, advice and guidance to learners as appropriate throughout their qualification
• Support and maintain the quality assurance process for assessment, training and verification purposes, in line with Skill North East’s policies
and all related Awarding Body procedures and guidelines
• Ensure learners’ records are maintained and kept up-to-date
• Embed Safeguarding, Prevent, British Values, Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety throughout the learner’s programme
• Hold a minimum of a level 4 teaching qualification
• Hold an A1 Assessor award (or equivalent)
• Hold a relevant subject area qualification:
- Level 3/4 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety;
• Have occupational competence in the vocational area
• At least 12 months’ experience delivering employability skills
• Experience of classroom based delivery with strong classroom management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• The ability to motivate and encourage
• Hold a full UK driving licence and have access to own transport