Curriculum Manager( Quality Improvement)
Salary: FE Management Spine, £34,523 to £37,793 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37 per week
Work Location: Abraham Moss Adult Learning Centre, Crescent Road, Crumpsall, M8 5UF
DBS Check Required: Yes
Qualification(s) Required: Yes, PGCE/Cert Ed or equivalent teaching qualification
The primary purpose of this role is to improve outcomes for learners. The focus is on improving teaching learning and assessment including the appropriate use of learning technologies. The manager will develop and implement a strategy to include:
• Ensuring quality and compliance policies and procedures are maintained in line with Ofsted, ESFA, awarding body and Matrix standards.
• Driving robust Self-Assessment Reporting and Improvement Planning to move us to our goal of being an Outstanding provider.
• Further developing our systems including Observations, Walk Throughs and RARPA to improve teaching, learning and assessment.
• Leading and delivering training for staff and organisations who deliver our subcontracted provision.
• Monitoring learner progress, achievement and progression to improve outcomes for learners.
• Ensuring all learners are able to improve by working closely alongside other managers to identify curriculum specific opportunities and improvements.
• Promoting MAES learning offer and celebrating learner success.
We are looking for a candidate with:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to demonstrate the benefits of new ways of teaching, learning and assessment.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills in order to deliver under pressure of time.
• Excellent team-working skills, particularly to support curriculum managers to lead their teams to implement and embed quality improvements.
• Very good understanding of the barriers and challenges for adult learners with low or no qualifications.
• Recent experience of designing and delivering staff training.
• Teaching qualification and recent teaching experience.
Manchester Adult Education Service (MAES) is located in the Directorate for Growth and Neighbourhoods. of Manchester City Council. We work with teams across the council and with stakeholders to strengthen partnerships across the education, skills and business sectors, in order to further improve educational outcomes, reduce dependency and better connect individuals and neighbourhoods to the employment opportunities being created.
MAES delivers community-based, first step learning in 8 centres and up to 100 community venues across the city. Our learning offer includes formal qualification courses and non-qualification courses for adults aged 19+ (with the largest cohort aged 25-50). The programme includes Maths and English up to GCSE, English for Speakers of Other Languages, (ESOL), Care and Education, Getting into Work, Everyday English, Digital Skills, Family Learning and Wellbeing courses.
For further information and to apply online please visit: https://bit.ly/2qvA42r
Closing Date: 03 May 2018