ADVERT REFERENCE: DH-168965B
JOB TITLE: Barbering Lecturer
SALARY: £18 - £20 per hour + holiday pay
Do you believe offenders deserve a second chance? Do you have a passion for teaching with plenty of drive to inspire those with difficult behaviour? Are you ready for your next challenge in Further Education?
We work with one of the largest Offender Learning providers in England to find exceptional Trainers, Tutors and Lecturers that have the determination, patience and compassion to work with those looking for a chance to turn their lives around and gain the skills they need to build a better future for themselves.
Each prison has its own purpose built OFSTED registered education department, boasting with both fully equipped classrooms for academic subjects and custom assembled workshops for vocational courses. All subjects delivered are fully accredited with a view to the learners gaining recognised qualifications.
We are looking for Barbering Lecturers who would be able to work on a sessional, ad-hoc basis within HMP/YOI Winchester.
Suitable candidates will meet the following criteria:
* A minimum of a level 3 qualification in subject specialism.
* Have knowledge and understanding of the current curriculum.
* A recognised teaching qualification
* A DBS Certificate that is on the update service, or be willing to apply for one
In return we can offer you the following:
* Flexibility to take holidays throughout the year without the usual term time restriction
* Down time within the prison for planning (no marking is completed at home)
* Education runs all year and not termly so there is increased earning potential for sessional and on-going staff
* Opportunities for continuing professional development (CPD)
* Small manageable class sizes on average of between 7 and 12 learners
* Education for learners is a privilege; those who take it for granted lose the right
If successful, you will need to go through Prison Security Clearance. You will also be required to have a fully enhanced DBS at an upfront cost of £44 should you not already hold a valid certificate.
Protocol has been helping FE professionals and support workers find employment for nearly 20 years and because we work with 47% of the UKs colleges and a further 75 FE providers we always have the very best choice in roles.
Every year Protocol helps over 6,000 candidates find work and provides over 24,000 contracts for our temporary workers. So, if you're looking for your next contract or permanent job, you know you're in good hands.
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.