KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors.
Job Title: Residential Childcare Assessor - (CYPW)
Location: North West – Must be flexible with travel
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 (Dependent upon qualifications and experience)
Package: Excellent Holiday Entitlement, Mileage, Pension + Much More!
Type: Full Time, Permanent
INFO: The Residential Childcare Level 3 Diploma replaced the Children and Young People’s Workforce (Social Care Pathway) in 2015 as the required qualification for those working in children’s homes.
Candidates wishing to apply for this Assessor vacancy must either have experience of Assessing CYP specifically within children's homes, or the new Residential Childcare Diploma - along with occupational competency of working hands on within a residential childcare setting prior to Assessing.
• Assess and support learners working towards Apprenticeships in Residential Childcare level 3.
• Deliver full training and support learners through their Functional Skills - Maths and English to level 2.
• Visiting/observing learners in their place of work to gather evidence towards their Apprenticeship/QCF qualifications.
• Managing your diary efficiently to ensure timely visits and reviews are conducted.
• Organise and maintain documentation on learners' progress.
• Support, advise and motivate learners.
• Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner’s needs.
• Recognised Assessor award: D32/D33, A1, TAQA or CAVA.
• Ideally (not essential) have Experience of delivering Apprenticeships in Residential Childcare level 3 (or the old CYPW – Social Care Pathway level 3).
• Ideally (not essential) have experience of delivering Functional Skills (Maths / English) up to level 2.
• Hold solid occupational competency within a Residential Childcare environment.
• Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle.
• Must be flexible with travel.
• Organisational skills are a must, as well as the ability to plan your time effectively.
• Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
• Quality driven and prepared to go the extra mile for your learners.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.