KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors
Job Title: Business Development Manager - Apprenticeship Sales
Location: Scotland - Office / Field Based - Candidates must be flexible with travel
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 + Bonus
Package includes: Excellent holiday entitlement, Pension + much more!
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Essential Experience required for this role:
This role requires candidates to have proven experience of developing new business for the promotion of Apprenticeships (employer engagement / new business development) along with experience of performance managing a team to achieve Apprentice recruitment and Business Development targets.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and performance management of a team of approx 7 Business Development / Recruitment Consultants, for the promotion of Apprenticeship programmes to SME's.
- Performance manage the team through one to one’s, team meetings, regular appraisals and performance reviews, addressing under-performance and implementing corrective methods.
- Drive and generate new business and deliver contractual growth through effective marketing and new business development strategies.
- Identify and engage with SME employers via cold calling, networking and presentations to promote our clients wide range of Apprenticeships training.
- Conduct ‘Organisational Needs Analysis’ to identify business needs and develop long term relationships to secure new/repeat business.
- Generate a pipeline through warm and cold leads.
- Keep up to date with competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, evaluating the market and scoping out new opportunities.
- Ensure that all potential employers meet Health & Safety / Safeguarding Standards.
- Recruitment and retention of staff, conducting reviews, staff training and development.
- Experience of working as a Business Development Manager within the training sector, managing and leading a sales team to achieve targets for the promotion of Apprenticeships.
- Excellent knowledge of government funding streams / work based learning.
- Excellent communication skills – presentation, written and verbal.
- Able to inspire and motive a team.
- Proven experience of working to and achieving targets.
- Proven experience of negotiating / winning / closing new business.
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle – must be flexible with travel.
We will contact you within 4 days if we feel your experience matches the criteria for this vacancy, or any other roles we have. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then your application is unfortunately unsuccessful. KM receives a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates.