Babcock is the UK’s leading training provider, working across a wide variety of sectors to deliver high quality training to the workforce of tomorrow.
Working within the Emergency Services sector, Babcock delivers world class training facilities, operational, management and personal skills training as well as administrative support. From full turnkey projects, to the management and maintenance of facilities, Babcock is committed to developing and delivering training solutions which meet the needs of our customers.
With an ever growing presence in the Emergency Services Training market, we are looking for experienced, capable and ambitious Urban Search & Rescue (USAR) Trainer who is ready for a new challenge.
Ideal candidates will have a background in emergency services training and specialise in the USAR area.
Purpose of the role is to ensure the successful delivery of fire service training; ensuring high standards of training delivery are achieved and contribute to the development and design of courses.
Main Duties Include
• Face to face delivery of training to small and large groups of learners.
• Assessing learner performance, recording results and providing feedback and action plans.
• Managing physical training resources including venues, vehicles and equipment, ensuring their security, and suitability for use.
• Completing course administration and other reports, including: learner attendance and non-attendance, assessment of performance, action plans, evaluation records, course summaries etc.
• Assisting with miscellaneous projects as required
Key Technical Skills
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of training processes and techniques, including training needs analysis, planning, design, delivery and evaluation.
• Comprehensive technical knowledge in Urban Search & Rescue training and the National USAR Competency Framework
• Experience of designing, planning and delivering a range of knowledge and practical skills training sessions to both small and large groups.
• Experience of assessing competence of individuals, recording results, providing feedback and writing action plans.
• Experience of managing students (including student welfare) on both residential and non-residential courses.
• Technical knowledge and practical experience of using a range of computer based training equipment.
• Experience of using a range of training delivery and administrative software.
• A recognised teaching qualification
e.g. Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS), Award in Education & Training (AET) or Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
• USAR Phase 1
• USAR Phase 2
• USAR Instructor
• Chainsaw Instructor
• Hot cutting Instructor
• Advanced Shoring
• LACE Instructor
• Confined Space Supervisor
• Fork Lift Truck Operator
Offers of employment are normally subject to satisfactory references and any other required pre-employment checks. In certain circumstances, successful applicants will need to satisfy security clearance requirements
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 100 business, provides 600 services across six continents and is the UK’s leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the nation’s largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training working in partnership with major employers across the Automotive, Emergency Services, Engineering and Service sectors.
• Up To £35,655 – dependant on qualifications and experience
• Permanent, Full-time
• 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
• Company share scheme
• Flexible benefits
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please click the Apply Now button below.
Please include a detailed CV with a full work history. Please also ensure you provide an explanation for any gaps in employment along with a cover letter outlining relevant skills and experience essential for the role.
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.