Personal Tutor - Clinical Healthcare/Health & Social Care - Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire
We are currently looking for a Personal Tutor to deliver Level 2 - 5 Health & Social Care and Clinical Healthcare Apprenticeships. So if you’re a qualified assessor, with a passion for inspiring people to succeed and a talent for delivering outstanding learning experiences, this could be the perfect role for you.
At Paragon Skills everything we do is about inspiring people to succeed. We are one of the UK’s leading providers of apprenticeship training and we firmly believe that if it doesn’t make a difference, then it’s not worth doing.
Some key things to know about the role:
Our Personal Tutors work within a variety of different settings to deliver excellent teaching and assessment to all our learners. This is an overarching role, where you will be actively managing a caseload of around 40-45 learners to ensure that they complete their apprenticeship to a high standard and in a timely manner. You’ll need to be an expert at delivering constructive feedback and good at working as a coach to help others improve their own performance. You will also recruit new learners to maintain and grow your caseload as well as being the ‘go to person’ to provide information, advice and guidance to both learners and employers to enable them to make informed decisions and meet their goals.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the Role:
* Motivate and drive learners to achieve work-based qualifications through great teaching and learning
* Retain learners and employers by delivering consistently great levels of service as per our Learner Promise
* Recruit learners and as appropriate to maintain minimum caseload and mix of learners in line with operational targets
* Support the learning process through use of learning resources and facilitating workplace on/off-the-job training as required
* Support quality improvement activities by attending standardisation and sharing best practice with colleagues to improve performance
* Plan and deliver teaching, learning and assessment with learners in conjunction with employers’ needs through a variety of different methods
* Give feedback and complete all relevant documentation accurately
* Carry out planned progressive visits and reviews with the involvement of both learner and employer in line with ESFA and our Learner Promise requirements
* Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people you are responsible for or come into contact with
What we are looking for:
Energy is key! You need to love teaching and have worked in the industry for a minimum of 2 years. Experience of coaching and mentoring people with mixed abilities is essential as are business development skills. You will also need to hold your assessor qualifications such as TAQA or A1 and Functional Skills at level 2.