KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors.
Job Title: Health and Social Care Tutor / Assessor
*Trainee OR Qualified Assessor Opportunity*
Location: North West - Must be flexible with travel
Salary: £18,500 - £22,000 (Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience)
Package: Excellent Holiday Entitlement, Mileage, Pension + Much More!
Type: Full-time, Permanent
*Trainee Assessor* To Apply, Trainee applicants must meet the essential skills below;
(Full training and support will be given to Trainee candidates to achieve the Assessors award)
- Hold own level 3 in Health and Social Care.
- Hold solid occupational experience within Health and Social Care (Elderly / Residential / Domiciliary care) - Ideally at senior / team leading level.
- Previous experience of delivering on-the-job training to colleagues within a care environment.
- Confident to deliver Maths and English Functional Skills to learners.
- Assess and support a caseload of learners working towards full Apprenticeship frameworks in Health and Social Care to levels 2 / 3 in the workplace.
- Deliver full training and support learners through their Functional Skills - Maths, English and ICT to level 2.
- Visiting/observing learners in their place of work to gather evidence towards their Apprenticeship/QCF qualifications.
- Managing your diary efficiently to ensure timely visits and reviews are conducted.
- Organise and maintain documentation on learners' progress.
- Support, advise and motivate learners.
- Assessors are expected to take part in Learner Recruitment to maintain caseload - supported by a sales team.
- Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner’s needs.
Other responsibilities may include classroom based Level 1 Traineeship programme delivery in Health and Social Care. As part of the Traineeship programme you will also be required to deliver Employability sessions to assist clients with CV writing, job search, interview techniques, confidence building and deliver advice and guidance to enable clients to make informed decisions about their future goals.
Essential Criteria for ALL candidates (Trainee or Qualified):
- Hold occupational competency in Health and Social Care (Elderly / Residential / Domiciliary Care).
- Hold own level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care.
- Confident to deliver Functional Skills Maths and English to level 2
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle - Flexible with travel
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.