KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors.
Job Title: Functional Skills Manager / Curriculum Development
Location: We can consider candidates based in either the North West or the Midlands – Candidates must be flexible with NATIONAL travel
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Package: Excellent Holiday Entitlement, Mileage, Pension + Much More!
Type: Full time, Permanent
• Work closely with the team to develop, design, implement and continuously improve a delivery strategy for Maths and English qualifications.
• Design and deliver Maths and English across the Skills division internally and externally, and also to stakeholders and subcontractors to ensure business objectives are met and the delivery strategy is effectively implemented.
• Design and Develop tailored solutions for the delivery of Maths and English to ensure contract requirements are met across the business.
• Conduct regular meetings / training with line managers to ensure they have a full understanding of Maths and English delivery across the business.
• Maintain own knowledge of Maths and English delivery, ensuring all updates are accurately communicated across the business.
• Produce regular reports on Maths and English delivery for the SMT.
• Support with the research, development and actively seek resources to improve innovative delivery and overall improve methods of Maths and English delivery.
• Create and implement a training schedule for the delivery of Maths and English.
• Staff management / performance management responsibilities
• Must hold a Level 5 subject specialism in Maths AND / OR English.
• Proven experience of strategic planning, writing and development of Maths and English programmes (Functional Skills/GCSE etc)
• Ideally have experience of supporting and managing a team of Tutors
• Experience of working within a similar Functional Skills Specialist / GCSE delivery / development role.
• Excellent knowledge of Apprenticeship / Vocational / Post-16 curriculum, qualifications and policies.
• Excellent project management experience – working on multiple projects and prioritising workload.
• Experience of working with E-Learning platforms.
• Excellent communication skills – Written and Verbal – ability to communicate with individuals at all levels (up to senior management).
• Ability to work to targets and deadlines.
• Full, clean driving licence and own vehicle.
• Must be flexible with NATIONAL travel.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.