KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors
Job Title: Business Development Manager - Skills
Location: Essex - Must be flexible with travel
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 + Bonus (Dependent upon Experience)
Package includes: Excellent holiday entitlement, Pension + much more!
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Essential Experience required for this role:
This role requires candidates to have proven experience of developing new business for the promotion of Apprenticeships (employer engagement / new business development) along with experience of performance managing a team to achieve Apprentice recruitment and Workforce Development targets.
- Responsible for leading and performance managing a team of 5 Business Development / Account Managers for the promotion of Apprenticeship programmes.
- Performance management of the team through one to one’s, team meetings, regular appraisals and performance reviews, addressing under-performance and implementing corrective methods.
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team to set and implement team targets.
- Recruitment and retention of staff, conducting reviews, staff training and development.
- Drive new business and deliver contractual growth through effective marketing and new business development strategies.
- Identify and engage with employers via cold calling, meetings, presentations and events to promote our clients range of Apprenticeship Training programmes and source eligible candidates. Conduct ‘’Organisational Needs Analysis’ to identify business needs and develop long term relationships to secure new/repeat business.
- Keep up to date with competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, evaluating the market and scoping out new opportunities.
- Experience of managing and leading a sales team to achieve targets for the promotion of Apprenticeships
- Excellent knowledge of government funding streams / Levy / work based learning.
- Excellent communication skills – presentation, written and verbal.
- Able to inspire and motive a team.
- Proven experience of working to and achieving targets.
- Strong commercial awareness
- Proven experience of negotiating / winning / closing new business
- Full, clean driving license and use of a vehicle – must be flexible with travel
We will contact you within 4 days if we feel your experience matches the criteria for this vacancy, or any other roles we have. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then your application is unfortunately unsuccessful. KM receives a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates.