YH Training Services Ltd is an owner managed business that has been in business for 30 years although its roots go back to a group training association that started in 1972. We have a reputation for providing high quality training and learning to all our customers, and are therefore making a real difference to people and businesses across the region. We are positively responding to all Government training and employment initiatives with planned managed growth of up to 20% per annum. As a result, we are able to offer a wide range of career opportunities to people who share our passion in improving the skills and raising the aspirations of both young people and adults via learning.
In addition to our current SFA/EFA contracts, we have been successful in gaining an additional £1m ESF Contract (Access to Employment – Humber LEP Apprenticeship Growth Programme) which focuses on delivering a responsive brokerage service to meet resident and employer needs, with the aim of increasing the quantity of Apprenticeships/Traineeships in the Humber LEP region. As a result of this increased business, we are now seeking to appoint a pro-active and highly motivated Employer Engagement Advisor to advise Employers of the advantages and composition of apprenticeships and learning, and how they can improve staff and business performance. In return for your hard work and commitment, we can offer a competitive salary package, and excellent career development opportunities.
Post Title: Employer Engagement Advisor (f/t) – Humberside (Bank focus)
Salary Package: £24k + performance pay + life assurance cover effective from commencement of employment. Automatic enrolment into workplace pension scheme together with immediate life assurance cover and the opportunity to purchase private healthcare at a competitive rate.
Summary of role and main responsibilities
Location / Hours / responsible to:
The main aim of the role will be to engage with employers and identify how they can increase their business profitability through the development of their staff via Apprenticeships.
- Hours of Work will be 37.5 hours per week Mon-Fri 8.30am to 5pm although attendance at some out of hours events will be required (contract to the end of July 2018 with potential for continued employment following this date).
- You will be responsible to our Partnership Manager for Hull, and based at our Hull Learning Centre (Shirethorn House, Penthouse Suite, 37-32 Prospect Street, Hull, HU2 8PX). Travel throughout the region required.
Duties Skills / Ability
- Make calls, emails, visits and presentations to employers to generate interest and opportunities in Apprenticeships.
- Utilise existing business networks in the Humber region as well as attending all relevant events.
- Build relationships with training providers in the Humber region to utilise as points of referral for the brokerage service
- Engagement with an average minimum of 19 Employers per month – ensuring contract fully met.
- Ensure that all business contact is recorded using YH’s CRM System
- Working closely with Learning Engagement advisor assist in matching suitable candidates to vacancies available.
- Accurately record and log all required information for submission to Project Administrator
- Any other duties relevant to the role
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a broad range of people
- Ability to work systematically and prioritise workload
- Demonstrate achievement of targets and working to deadlines
- Able to respond quickly to change
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to deliver presentations to employers either as an individual or as part of a group within the required standards
- Outgoing, friendly and confident character, with good perception and motivation
- Able to respond flexibly to the demands of the role
- Be open to personal development and willing to undertake further training
- Fully committed to the development of individuals/businesses
- Fully committed to financial probity, including the full and correct use of Government funds