KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors.
Job Title: Area Manager – Residential Childcare
Location: Candidates must be flexible with National travel
Salary: £33,000 - £35,000 (including 3k car allowance)
Package includes: Excellent Holiday Entitlement, Pension, Mileage + Much More!
Type: Full Time / Permanent
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of Residential Childcare Assessors nationally and ensure company targets, quality delivery and completion timescales are achieved.
- Manage and support a team of Residential Childcare Assessors.
- Ensure the timely and effective delivery of Apprenticeship programmes, in-line with contractual targets and objectives (reviews, completions etc).
- Performance management of Assessors through one to one’s, team meetings, regular appraisals and performance reviews; addressing underperformance and implementing corrective methods.
- Producing forecasts and reports on regional performance for the Senior Management Team.
- Allocating learners and geographical areas to the team.
- Work closely with the Quality / IQA team to ensure the quality of assessment practice is sufficient.
- If required, take an active role in the verification and assessment process for Apprenticeship qualifications.
- Actively support and promote services and/or products to potential new learners / employers.
- Recruitment and retention of staff, conducting reviews, staff training and development.
- Proven experience of managing a team of Assessors (ideally Residential Childcare) or experience as an Area / Operations Manager within the work based learning sector with Residential Childcare occupational competency.
- Ideally be a qualified Assessor (D32/D33 or A1 or TAQA etc)
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of Work Based Learning, Apprenticeships and funding streams and the Levy
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with excellent employer engagement / business development skills.
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle
- Must be flexible with travel
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.