Early Careers Manager with experience designing & implementing both Apprenticeship training & Graduate attraction strategies within the Defence, Technical or Engineering sectors.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources UK the Early Careers Manager (Apprenticeships & Graduate Development) is responsible for defining and developing the company's strategic direction for the early career pipeline of talent into the business and for the successful delivery of the company programmes associated with delivering this. External factors associated with the demographics and profile of the skills provision into industry and ensuring the funding and academic provision of programmes is in place.
Key Responsibility Areas
Working within the HR management team and other senior functional teams across the UK business, responsible for the development and implementation of strategies, policies and practices for the attraction and development of apprentices and graduates to meet the company's medium and long term skill demands.
The role interfaces with external agencies and service providers and is accountable for the design, management and maintenance of the Graduate programme and apprenticeship schemes.
In addition, the role is responsible for the recruitment and support of industrial and summer placements, linking with a wide variety of education outreach activities.
* Leadership and management of allocated resources and planning and management of budgets
* Leadership of Early Careers sub team, to determine the strategic direction of graduate and apprenticeship programmes
* Long term planning in support of recruitment initiatives and delivery of graduate development modules
* Leadership and development of recruitment processes and practices for apprentice and graduate intake and management of the service provision
* Management and maintenance of external apprentice funding streams maximising return to the business.
* Alignment of Apprentice programmes into the core business units
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Degree or equivalent
* Knowledge of strategic early careers engagement - specifically within the Apprenticeship Levy
* Ability to work on your own and within a team
* Experience of interfacing with senior management
* Organisation, Presentation and facilitation skills
* Experience of working transnationally an advantage
* Experience of managing external providers and third parties
Salary between £40,000 - £60,000 DOE + Benefits
Candidates can be based anywhere in the UK as the role is national, with infrequent international travel to European business partners.
Please contact email@example.com for more information
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK