JOB TITLE: Campus Principal - Askham Bryan College
LOCATION: Newton Rigg - Penrith
AIMS OF THE JOB:
- To act as a full member of the Askham Bryan College Executive Team.
- To act as strategic lead for land-based curriculum strategy across the college
- To lead the northern catchment of Askham Bryan College driving forwards college developments with the senior team in line with the Strategic Plan.
- To develop relevant plans to achieve the College's strategic aims and objectives in the relevant campuses and oversee their effective implementation.
- To assume overall responsibility in the Chief Executive's absence.
- To act as the primary college ambassador and representative in engaging with northern based stakeholders such as Local Enterprise Partnerships LEPs), Employer Groups and Community Interest Groups.
MAIN TASKS AND DUTIES:
- To maintain the recruitment and profile of Newton Rigg College across the north and nationally for specialist residential land based provision.
- To develop and maintain the College ethos of scholarship, high expectations in individual personal achievement, mutual support and care for others, aiming towards the highest grade on all external assessment reports and measures of success.
- To demonstrate effective educational leadership by demanding high academic, social and personal standards from students, including regular and prompt attendance, respect for staff, facilities and other students and visitors.
- To maximise the learner, parent and employer satisfaction and be pro-active in developing and maintaining links with employers.
- To maintain a harmonious campus and outreach centre provision, maintaining positive working relationships with partner/host colleges.
- To provide leadership, ensure effective budget control and develop an effective overview of all curriculum delivery targets, as agreed by the Executive Team.
- To agree the annual curriculum plan that is both financially sound and meets the needs of students, employers and LEPs.
- To embed the College's policies, processes and to lead the northern centres' contribution to the self-assessment process.
- To maintain quality across the provision with key performance indicators at or above the College and national averages.
- To provide data and information in a timely manner and to report to the Executive Team and Corporation as required.
- To ensure that students are supported effectively and have a good experience at college both in and out of the learning environment.
- To ensure safeguarding and PREVENT are embedded across the College and its site.
- To value diversity and promote equal opportunities across the College.
- To work seamlessly with Central Services, promoting the highest standards of team work to the benefit and betterment of the student learning experience.
- To expand and continue to build on effective partnerships with schools and external stakeholders, including other education providers.
- To participate in staff training, development and appraisal systems to enhance personal performance and organisation effectiveness.
- To operate within a context of financial prudence and appropriate use of public funds and to achieve the financial targets set for the Campus.
- To work within health and safety guidelines, adhere to data protection, child protection, employment law, and other College responsibilities.
For further details visit www.protocol.co.uk/askham-principal
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 27th March 2017