Salary: SO1 Commencing at £26,615 with progression to £29,079 PA
Closing Date: Friday 30 October 2020
** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **
** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**
WHAT WE DO
The School of Digital and IT at Printworks Campus continues to lead the way for Digital and IT innovations in teaching and learning and as such is looking for an enthusiastic, inspirational and forward thinking teacher to join our team in creating and delivering dynamic tutorial content and able to offer individual learning support. We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher who has experience in helping and supporting learners from foundation level to advanced (Levels 1 to 3), who can really excite and motivate learners.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans
* Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners. This includes BTEC (Levels 1 - 3), Access to HE and new provision such as P-TECH, Digital T Levels and E-sports
* Plan, prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of on-line learning resources for identified modules
* Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules
* Create SMART targets, record and monitor progress against them. Implement positive interventions where needed, for students undertaking identified modules
* Apply theoretical understanding of effective practice in teaching, learning and assessment drawing on research and other evidence
* You will have an interest in the Digital & IT sector, be familiar with BTEC and Access to HE courses and have the ability to teach online
* Hold a Level 5 (or above) Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE)
* Have the relevant, highest level vocational qualification or degree in ICT or relevant subject
* Have English and Maths qualifications at Level 2 or above, with a willingness to improve in one or both disciplines to Level 3 or above
* Have relevant up to date subject knowledge and evidence of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
* Have experience of recent teaching delivery, in the classroom and online in relevant subject areas (PGCE teaching placements/experience would also qualify here) which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles
* Have experience of positively managing student progression, advice and guidance in a school or Further Education setting
If you feel you have the enthusiasm, drive, skills and ability to fulfill this role, we would like to hear from you.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
* Annual leave entitlement of 37 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
* Excellent pension scheme with the Teachers' Pension
* Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
* Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
* Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
* Children's barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
* Two professional references
* Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
* Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
* Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.