Research Officer - Warrington - £29,000 / 28 days holiday + bank, expenses paid, Pension Scheme.
The Role: Research Officer - Science and Labour Market Intelligence
• As a Research Officer you will be working on projects to generate information about a wide variety of topics related to employment within the science sector.
• The information you generate will be integrated into reports which will be distributed to companies within the scientific sector and it will form part of their talent management and planning for the future.
• You will be based at the company's head office in the Warrington area so you must live within travelling distance of Warrington. Interviews will also be held in Warrington so you must be prepared to travel to Warrington for an interview.
• Extensive data manipulation in support of development of labour market intelligence, interpretation, interrogation and analysis of labour market data.
Essential Requirements: Research Officer - Science and Labour Market Intelligence
• You will be educated to degree level and will have experience of gathering data and conducting research. Any research you have completed which is related to employment, science, public policy or politics would be beneficial.
• You will have previous experience of working as a researcher within industry and commence and not just undertaking research as part of a degree. This means you will possess no less than six months work experience in the role of a researcher.
• You will be familiar with collecting data from sources such as ONS, LFS, HESA, OECD) etc
• You will be competent in collecting primary and secondary data and will understand and be able explain the methodologies behind both.
• To apply please state how your skill set matches the criteria stated above.
Desirables: Research Officer - Science and Labour Market Intelligence
• A degree in science or politics
The Employer: Research Officer - Science and Labour Market Intelligence
• This long-standing and established specialist provider has been in operation now for the last 12 years and is continuing to develop and organically grow. Extremely unique provider within the qualifications in which they deliver, with particular expertise around STEM, providing these specialist companies with their skills and talent needs. They are committed to not only inspiring the next generation of industry professionals but also dedicated to upskilling/reskilling the current workforce. They put a real emphasis on the development of their own staff having been awarded the Investors in People accreditation, and are continually looking for passionate and enthusiastic experts to join their team.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. GPRS Recruitment whose registered address is 4-7 Gaolgate Street, Stafford ST16 2BG UK confirm that our client has instructed us that the position advertised herein is of a permanent nature. Due to the high number of applications which we regularly receive, regrettably we only respond to successful candidates. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days then please assume that you have not been selected on this occasion, but don't worry. We'll retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.