£0 - £0 Per Annum
Quality Assurance (IQA / EQA),Employability / Welfare to Work
Permanent | Full Time
Strive Training is a national private training provider with 9 years of experience working with unemployed learners and progressing them into meaningful and sustainable employment. Learners receive high quality training to achieve accredited vocational qualifications from our portfolio of training programmes. We use the latest cutting edge technology, coupled with dedicated ongoing support in a friendly environment conducive to success.
We are looking for a qualified and passionate Quality and Compliance Officer with relevant experience in quality assurance in the Further Education sector who is a dynamic and self-motivated person and is able to take initiative.
The successful candidate will need to be organised, thorough and pay excellent attention to detail, as well as being able to work independently and as part of a team.
A flexible approach within a fast-paced environment is required.
Flexibility to travel to and be based at any of our centres pan London is required.
• Proven track record and experience in coordinating and implementing all quality assurance processes and procedures, relating to the Further Education sector. Specifically compliance with all awarding body standards and requirements, and having an up to date knowledge of Ofsted requirements and inspections.
• Overseeing, updating and reviewing quality assurance plans (QUIP) as required.
• Understanding of, supporting and contributing to the Self-Assessment Report (SAR) process.
• Coordinating and overseeing EV visits and liaison with all awarding bodies.
• Supporting and coordinating standardisation meetings, actions and outcomes.
• Coordinating and implementing of the Observation of Teaching and Learning process.
• Undertaking internal quality assurance audits and learning walks as required.
• Reviewing, updating and maintaining Course Quality Folders.
• Maintaining and updating information on all teaching staff to ensure they have the required qualifications and training.
• Reviewing and maintaining staff CPD records.
• Undertake new tutor centre orientation.
• Coordinating and supporting staff training days and workshops as required.
• Attending relevant Partner workshops and training days as required.
• Supporting with and coordinating the Internal Verification process.
• Supporting with and coordinating quality assurance standard processes e.g. Matrix.
• Keeping up to date with key areas such as Safeguarding, Prevent, British Values and Equality and Diversity and ensuring they are communicated and integrated in all quality assurance processes.
• Understanding Retention, Achievement and Success and monitoring their impact on the organisation.
• Overall compliance with all ESFA, Ofsted and all partner organisations’ quality assurance processes and procedures.
• Sound IT knowledge including strong capability using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Excellent organisation and prioritising skills
• A keen eye for detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills