Up to £150 per day + Plus Statutory Holiday Pay
End Point Assessor
Temporary | Part Time
Working on behalf of another leading EPAO, we are looking for high level experts in their field, from the Rail, Bus and Coach sector, with an assessor's qualification such as TAQA or CAVA. For this particular role we are looking to experienced Passenger Transport professionals, from Bus, Coach, or preferably Rail, who would be able to assess the apprentices at the final stage of their qualification.
This work is possible to do as free-lance or alongside full-time employment.
Independent assessment ensures apprentices have the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours detailed in the Standard. This standard specifies a range of Knowledge and Skills that together form the Core Competencies of the role. Apprentices are assessed using different methods to demonstrate competence.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Have excellent knowledge and understanding of the Passenger Transport Onboard & Station Team Member Apprenticeship Standard and assessment plan.
- Hold qualifications, or have undertaken training, that has legislative and technical relevance to the PTOSTM Apprenticeship Standard
- Have at least 3 years' 'hands-on' experience in Passenger Transport and have worked in the industry within the last 12 months.
- Experience of working with quality assurance processes and complying with regulatory requirements.
- Expertise to administer and use the assessment tools required in the assessment plan.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- The assessor must be someone who has nothing to gain from the outcome of the assessment and must not have been involved in the training and/or line management of the apprentice.
- Evidence of regularly updated continuing professional development (CPD) to demonstrate practical experience and updated occupational expertise. This will cover updated knowledge and skills, changes to legislation and consider the latest developments in the sector.
- Excellent understanding of the standard(s) for the new apprenticeship frameworks, including specific knowledge in the industry area for the standard.
- Understanding of regulators' requirements: Ofqual, SFA, industry bodies.
- Practise standardised assessment principles as set out by Highfield.
- Competent in carrying out the assessments specified and grading the apprenticeship in line with the requirements set out in the assessment plan.
- Experience of producing clear, accurate and concise written reports in a number of formats; giving both results and constructive feedback and support.
- IT proficient, including the use of web conferencing software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to effectively prioritise.
- Able to work independently but also lead a team, if required.
- Flexibility to travel across the UK.
- Willingness to agree to overnight stays away from home, if required.
- Hold a recognised current workplace assessment qualification.
- Hold an IQA assessor award.
If you are interested in working at this fantastic Organisation and are available for interview, please apply with your CV and daytime contact number.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We're more than a recruitment agency - we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we've got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits - your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.