£20,558 - 34,006 per year
Lee-on-the-Solent, Hampshire, England
Permanent | Part Time
Part Time Welding Lecturer
Salary: Qualified £23,642 - £34,006 per annum pro rata/ Unqualified £20,558 - £29,618 per annum pro rata
Hours of Work: Maximum 3 evenings a week/ 3 hours per evening session
Closes on: Monday 11 February 2019
Fareham College offers brand new state of the art facilities comprised of workshops, teaching classrooms, learning resource centres, restaurants, a theatre, a hair & beauty salon and associated facilities. In November 2017, the College received an 'Outstanding' judgement in its latest Ofsted inspection, making it only one of three colleges in the country to have converted to the highest grade in more than two years. It doesn't stop there; we were awarded FE College of Year 2018 and "Most Improved Workplace" in Britain's Healthiest Workplace Awards 2017.
The Manufacturing Department is looking for a dedicated and conscientious Welding Lecturer to join its high achieving team.
You will be teaching programmes from level 1 as well as part time adult courses.
To undertake a teaching programme in a specified discipline(s) and to contribute to the fulfilment of the College's objectives, helping to ensure that the work of a programme area of the curriculum and is of the highest quality possible and in accordance with College policies.
* To undertake a teaching programme and all aspects of the teaching and learning process,
* To act as a Course Leader for designated course(s),
* To assist the Head of Department and Director of Faculty in the management and review of the curriculum in accordance with College policies
* To participate in liaison activities associated with the programme area and those relating to the Faculty's and College provision.
* Develop and maintain professional competence in the post and in other duties performed on behalf of the Faculty or, the College,
* Level 3 qualification in the relevant area of expertise (or commitment to achieving this in the required timeframe)
* Relevant degree and/or appropriate level professional qualifications
* Previous teaching experience
* Excellent knowledge of recent initiatives in curriculum development and design
Experience in teaching and learning would be advantageous, although industry experience will be considered for those with the ambition of becoming an outstanding Lecturer. Fareham College will offer free teacher training to those wishing to enter the teaching profession.
50 Days Annual Leave pro rata, Teachers Pension scheme, Free on-site gym, Staff lounge, Staff development opportunities, Staff recognition scheme, Employee Recommendation Incentive and access to many more benefits.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.