£0 - £25,000 Per Annum
Lecturer,Tutor / Trainer,English,Functional Skills / Basic Skills,Mathematics
Permanent | Part Time
Military Maths & English Instructor
£25,000pro rata - 3 days per week
The Military Preparation College has recently been voted as the UK's Best Training Provider and is also Graded as Grade 1 Outstanding by Ofsted. We have prepared and supported over 2,500 of your Learners to join the Armed Forces with over 10,000 of our Learners going into further education or employment.
MPCT has been voted TES Training Provider of the Year 2017 and is an award winning company that are proud to hold Investors in People Gold, Best Companies 'Extraordinary' along with The Times Best 100 small companies to work for.
The Military Preparation College has a highly successful skills department where we aim to create an environment that is positive, supportive and caring for all learners. We aim to build confidence, self-worth and empower learners to take responsibility for their own learning.
All training is delivered through a military theme providing the learner with the opportunity to develop their literacy and numeracy skills in a meaningful manner.
MPCT Skills Tutors provide support so that learners grow in confidence and progress into their chosen careers. You will be expected to participate in physical activities and field exercises, so a healthy active lifestyle is a must.
The role typically involves:
• Managing a caseload of learners undertaking GCSE or Functional Skills qualifications
• assessing learners’ skills and discussing goals
• monitoring and assessing students’ work
• using techniques to manage the learning process
• delivering team teaching and discrete teaching sessions (where appropriate).
• maintaining records
• guiding and supporting vocational instructors with the delivery of skills.
Applicants would be required to interview, assess and teach all levels of basic skills and GCSEs as part of a BTEC Public Services qualification. This person will be seen as a role model by the young people.
The following qualifications and competencies are desired (training will be given):
• PTLLS, CTTLS, DTTLS. Level 3 certificate in Teaching Basic Skills (9483/9484) PGCE/Cert Ed.
• Teaching degree or Qualified teacher status.
• Military knowledge/experience
• Healthy, active lifestyle.
For your hard work and commitment, you will be well rewarded with a competitive salary package,
• 8 Weeks paid holiday, pro rata
• Workplace pension (4%)
• Bupa healthcare (approx £400) on successful probation
• Life Assurance (4 x annual salary),
• Uniform allowance (£200)
• Wellbeing contributions (£180.00 per year)
• Mobile phone allowance (£180.00 per year)
• Bring your own device (£120.00 per year)
Salary: £25,000pro rata
Job Type: Full time permanent contract.