£18,000 - £28,000 Per Annum
Tutor / Trainer,Functional Skills / Basic Skills,Mathematics
Permanent | Full Time
We have an opportunity for a Maths Tutor to join our team based in Wednesbury. Working on a full time, permanent basis you will receive a competitive salary of £18,000-£28,000 per annum.
Juniper are an independent established training provider who have been assisting young people to move forward and achieve for 35 years. Delivering Traineeships, Study Programmes and Apprenticeships we help young people across the country to take positive steps forward in their lives.
In 2013, we undertook the “Best Companies” assessment which gathered in the views of all our staff on what it’s like to work here. We were delighted to achieve a 3 Star rating – the highest available – testament to our commitment to our staff.
Health and well-being benefits we’ll offer you as our Maths Tutor:
At Juniper we are committed to improving the health and well-being of our staff and because of this we have a range of health and well-being benefits that are people are able to take advantage of:
- JFit - this is a scheme where employees participate in an exercise of their choice for 45 minutes, for 3 times a week, over a year (April to March) and earn extra annual leave for simply taking part
- Health Shields - Cash back on health needs, such as, dental, physiotherapy, eye tests, prescriptions!
- EAP – Our scheme to help any employees with any personal problems that may impact their health
- Critical Illness Cover
- Flexi Holidays – Including an extra day off for your birthday!
- Cycle to work – We offer the opportunity for all staff to participate in the fantastic Cycle to Work scheme
Key responsibilities as our Maths Tutor will include:
- To deliver engaging, effective and innovative group training sessions to students.
- To ensure that students work-skills are developed and that they are ready for working life by the time they leave Juniper.
- To engage external speakers in order to enhance learning experience.
- To plan and facilitate enterprise projects.
- To deliver GCSE/functional skills qualifications.
- To deliver training that meets criteria and standards for BTEC (where applicable)
- To conduct & use initial assessment effectively and set students appropriate, but challenging, targets & goals.
- To assess readiness for FS/GCSE exams.
- To assess and map units for BTEC portfolio and (where applicable)
- To conduct and document meaningful student reviews as per procedures.
- Invigilate exams and mark functional skills exam papers as appropriate.
Essential skills and abilities we’re looking for in our Maths Tutor:
- Level 2 English & Maths (or working at)
- Ability to deliver effective training sessions to groups
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to persuade & influence others and deal with conflict/challenging behaviour
- Ability to build rapport with target group and retain their attention during training sessions
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work to targets & deadlines
- Highly motivated
- Innovative & solution focused
- Ability to remain positive, with a bubbly, engaging personality
- Excellent organisation skills
- Competent in use of IT
- Ability to meet targets and provide a quality service to all stakeholders