up to £35,000
Assessor,Tutor / Trainer,Mathematics
Permanent | Full Time
Maths Trainer / Assessor
The Skills Network are currently seeking a recruit Maths Trainer / Assessor to join our rapidly growing Apprenticeships team. We are looking for outstanding individuals who would relish the opportunity to work within an established company with proven success in Apprenticeship delivery.
The Skills Network is one of the most successful providers of online learning solutions in the UK and is about to enter its tenth year of business.
Our mission is to combine innovative technology and outstanding customer service to help enrich lives through learning, and to inspire and nurture the ethos worldwide.
Our vision is to be the number one provider of technology-based learning and skills.
Our values are achieving excellence, striving to be the best and continually delivering excellence, inspiring others to achieve, developing talent, passion to improve and grow, and integrity.
This Trainer / Assessor role will be fundamental in our organisation's ambition to ensure that learners gain the new knowledge and skills required to make exceptional progress with their development, pass their Functional Skills Maths tests, and are ultimately successful in obtaining their qualification in a timely manner. There may also be an expectation for the delivery of Functional Skills ICT, depending upon our Apprentices’ needs.
• Deliver full training and support learners to achieve maths qualifications up to level 2. In addition, deliver full training and support learners to achieve ICT qualifications up to level 2 (where appropriate).
• Working closely with other Trainers and contributing to the development of an Individual Learning Plan (ILP). This creates personalised learning, which enables the learner to undertake the learner journey and achieve the required learning outcomes.
• Develop resources and materials for Functional Skill Maths (and ICT where appropriate), including high quality ‘Schemes of Work’ and training plans.
• Manage a caseload of learners, providing high quality customised delivery.
• Guide and support learners and their employers in the effective pursuit of their Functional Skills individual learning programme and progression planning.
• Visit each Apprentice in the workplace on a regular basis in order to assess their progress and deliver teaching sessions. Carry out remote sessions in between face to face visits with learners. Maintain regular contact with learners and deliver high quality learning and development.
• To meet learning outcomes and improve soft skills in a flexible and appropriate manner within the environment in which they are located, to ensure achievement of standards in accordance with the TSN learner journey and timely achievement.
• Using ‘ForSkills’ and ‘OneFile’, ensure that all learner records, progress and reporting are kept up to date and provided in a timely manner to support management reporting and audit requirements.
• Ensure that learner progress reports are kept up to date and correct and are submitted weekly to the manager.
• Ensure that the manager is notified of any issues or learners at risk immediately, and that withdrawals are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
• Play an active part in the promotion and awareness of Safeguarding of learners across the business and externally as appropriate and help prevent acts of radicalisation and extremism.
• Where appropriate, include learning and teaching of Equality and Diversity in line with the qualification they are completing, and TSN policy and procedures relating to equality and diversity.
• Ensure the well-being and safety of the learner throughout their period of learning.
• Attend team meetings and moderation/validation workshops.
• Gain feedback from learners and employers through focus groups, surveys and verbal feedback as appropriate, and contribute to course evaluation.
• Ensure that timely achievements are met, including retention and achievement targets, by implementing strategies and supporting learners in self-esteem and confidence-building activities.
• Collaborate with the Apprenticeship Delivery Manager and the Director for Curriculum and Quality and pursue opportunities for growth by developing high quality online learning products for high quality development in maths.
• Maintain strong links with team members, ensuring that all activity is complementary and utilises the existing knowledge, expertise, resources, and industry business links within our organisation.
• Carry out all duties and work in accordance with the TSN Quality Improvement procedures and in the spirit of the TSN values.
The candidate must have:
• Maths qualification (at level 3 or above).
• Teacher training qualification (at level 3 or above).
Skills, knowledge, and experience:
• Successful experience of working in the modern training/education sector delivering Functional Skills Maths qualifications.
• Knowledge, skill and successful track record for the delivery of high-quality teaching, learning and assessment practice which contributes to excellent learner progress and outcomes.
• Good level of IT/digital skills.
• Strong organisational skills to manage Apprenticeship caseloads, workplace visits, and high-quality learning activity.
• Ability to manage a constant workload with conflicting demands to achieve timely targets.
• Experience of using OneFile and ForSkills software.
• Able to use all MS Office programs, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and be familiar with other bespoke databases.
• An ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills and relate to a wide range of people.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Commitment to high professional and personal standards of work and conduct.
• Competitive salary
• Car and mileage allowance
• 25 days’ holiday
• Perkbox subscription
• Eyecare vouchers
• Company charity fundraising events
• Team building days
• Biannual company events
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Incentives based on performance.
At The Skills Network, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants, employees, and partners without regard to race, religion, gender, gender reassignment, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity and any other characteristic protected under the Equality Act 2010. The Skills Network believes that diversity and inclusion among our applicant's colleagues and partners are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.