KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors.
Job Title: Maths and English Tutor (GCSE / Functional Skills)
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 Dependent on skills and experience
Package includes: Excellent holiday entitlement, Pension + more
Type: Full time, Permanent
- Specialist Tutor for the delivery of Maths and English GCSE and Functional Skills.
- Take a lead on all aspects of Maths and English delivery within the school.
- Supporting both students and staff who require additional support (one to one, and small groups).
- Provide ongoing support and motivation to teaching staff and ensure high quality of teaching and learning.
- Working closely with the senior management team, contributing to future development and strategic views.
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans, as well as continuous curriculum development.
- Prepare students for examinations.
- Provide progress feedback to learners and provide support to ensure they meet their set goal / target.
- Ensure each student’s progression is recorded efficiently.
- Hold, or working towards Qualified Teacher Status (QTLS).
- Hold a Degree or Subject Specialism, ideally in English or Maths.
- Must hold a Level 2 qualification in Maths and English
- Experience of delivering GCSE English and Maths.
- Have experience in working with students who show challenging behaviours, or those who are not suited to mainstream education.
- Excellence classroom management skills.
- Confident and professional, with the ability to inspire and motivate young people.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.