Unqualified Range scale points 15-21 (£20,000 - £23,755)
Qualified Range scale points 23-31 (£25,200 - £31,886)
The Sheffield College
Introduction - Summary
The Engineering Department has experienced significant growth in all areas of the provision. We provide training on several engineering pathways which also includes full time study programmes, higher education and apprenticeships.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone currently working within education or industry to join our team as a lecturer in electrical engineering. The ideal candidate will have a strong industry background within engineering maintenance.
You will be joining our dedicated and self-motivated engineering team, as well as providing additional knowledge and experience for the future development of a successful department.
* Deliver quality teaching and learning
* Participate in departmental and cross college events
* Support all students to achieve their goals
* Support the team and head of academy to ensure the continued success and growth of the area
Skills and Qualifications
The essential criteria for the role is:
* Good industry knowledge and experience
* Relevant industry qualifications that relate to working within an electrical engineering environment.
* The successful candidate will be required to complete a teaching qualification if one is not already held.
* The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and PLC'
* 42 days annual leave entitlement (37 days annual leave + 5 discretionary days)
* Auto enrolment into the Teachers' Pension Scheme
* Free car parking
* Access to other benefits including car lease scheme, healthcare scheme and educations staff discounts.
Closing Date: Sunday, 19 July 2020
Shortlisting: Monday, 20 July 2020
Interviews: Thursday, 30 July 2020
As Disability Confident Leader we are committed to recruiting the best people to support our learners and our mission to 'transform your life through learning'.
We are committed to removing barriers for applicants with a disability during our recruitment process, upon appointment and as an employee.
We are an employer who values equality and diversity and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to have an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to safer recruiting procedures.
To apply please click apply we will then email you our link to our application.