Up to £14 per hour
Learner Support (Admin, IT, MIS, Bid),Tutor / Trainer,Childcare and Education,English,Mathematics
Permanent | Full Time
Morgan Hunt are currently recruiting for multiple English and Maths Learning Facilitators to join the English and Maths Department of our Romford based client.
As a Learning Facilitator, the purpose of the role is to work within the English and Maths Department to develop and facilitate the delivery of activities to support, reinforce and enhance the development of English and Maths skills and achievement.
Successful applicants will work proactively with students either on a 1-1 or group basis to improve attendance and achievement by facilitating learning and support activities designed to develop the English and Maths skills of students.
The position is ideally suited to someone who is enthusiastic and passionate about the delivery of dynamic, innovative and creative learning within the English and Maths subject areas to young people of all ages
* Help design, develop and deliver innovative English and maths (E&M) activities for college students
* Delivery of E&M related activities within the College ILT centres
* To assist with the induction and initial / diagnostic assessment process in regard to students English and maths skills
* Under the direction of the Head of English and Maths 16-18, follow agreed lesson plans and lead the teaching and learning of individuals or groups using new online delivery packages and innovative delivery models
* Co-ordinate the monitoring, recording and assessment of student progress through formative and summative assessment methods. Ensure there are detailed and reliable records of student progress and target setting.
* Assist in the evaluation and revision of schemes of work and lesson plans
* Administer and invigilate tests and examinations as required
* Provide cover for E&M planned sessions as and when required
* Continually provide feedback regarding student progress through inputting into student Individual Learning Plans, reporting progress to Progress Coaches, Lecturers, E&M and Curriculum Management teams.
* Research and make recommendations for acquiring relevant E&M equipment and resources
* Visit schools, colleges and other agencies and organisations to promote the E&M
* events and activities
* Co-ordinate the involvement of college staff and external agents in the development and delivery of STEM activities for students, schools and teachers
* Investigate and assist on securing sources of funding for new E&M projects, resources and activities. Liaise with key internal personnel, funding bodies and partners and write bids to secure the funding.
* Communicate with the relevant technical support services assisting in the implementation of new E&M online learning packages
* Undertake any other reasonable duties in support of the learning function and the efficient operation of E&M activities at the College.
* Lead, develop and manage on project based delivery methods to enhance and develop E&M skills in college students
* Participate in continuous professional development on a regular basis
* Promote and raise the profile of the College and the services it provides to the local business and civic community
* Ensure full compliance with health and safety requirements and legislation in accordance with College policies and procedures
* Comply with and actively promote College policies and procedures on all aspects of equality
* Contribute to College quality assurance systems
* At all times to observe all internal College policies and procedures
This job description is not prescriptive and the post holder may be expected to undertake other duties appropriate to the grade as may be assigned by the Manager or her nominated officer(s)
To be considered for this role, you must have:
* The ability to plan, deliver and monitor English and maths (E&M) provision responsive to local and national priorities, and to meet the needs of learners in diverse communities
* Verbal and written presentation skills, particularly making use of ICT
* The Ability to engage dynamically with a variety of learners of different ages, abilities and communities
* Knowledge of, and the aptitude to communicate core E&M skills, knowledge and understanding, initially to Level 2 (a good GCSE standard)
* Well-developed interpersonal skills
* Ability to work under own initiative, and effectively as part of a team
* Ability to manage a varied and busy workload and decide priorities within limited timescales
* Able to work additional hours if needed to complete urgent tasks
* GCSE English and Maths (grade A*- C or equivalent)
* DBS dated within the last 6 months, subscribed to the update service or be willing to have a new DBS carried out
Please note: Morgan Hunt registration required for all vacancies
If you are interested in this vacancy or other Business Support roles with FE, please send your CV now or apply to this advert now! Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.