Salary: Up to £24,480.00 per annum (Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Campus: Stroud campus
Salary Range: Up to £24,480.00 per annum
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
Hours: 37 hours per week
Our client has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects - from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE's and A Levels to degree level courses.
The College have an exciting opportunity for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant at their Stroud Campus. Preparation for Work and Life is an exciting new provision based at our Stroud Campus and caters for SEND learners from South Gloucestershire. The provision is based around catering, horticulture and improving skills for supported living. We are currently looking to appoint a higher level teaching assistant to support these learners and to plan and deliver lessons to small groups of learners. The successful candidate will be passionate about working with SEND learners, adaptable and creative in their delivery.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Planning, teaching and delivery to wide variety of SEND learners in small groups under the direction of lecturer
- Ability to differentiate and plan accordingly alongside the tutor
- Ensure all EHCP contributions and departmental records are up-to-date
- Ability to deliver face-to-face and online to learners as required
- Assist other tutors with supporting learners in class
- Willingness to offer personal care to specific learners
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Teaching qualification or willingness to work towards teaching qualification
- Experience of supporting and teaching SEND learners
- Functional skills English and maths at level two
- Good awareness of digital technology
Why choose the College?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional development, access to the LGPS Pension scheme, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources. If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: Sunday 22nd August 2021
Expected Interview Date: w/c 31st August 2021
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children's Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
The College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.