£40000 - £45000 per annum
Permanent | Full Time
KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors.
Job Title: Head of Safeguarding
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + Expenses and Benefits
Location: London based with national travel - candidates must be flexible with travel
Type: Full Time and Permanent
KM are pleased to be recruiting for an experienced Safeguarding Lead to manage the development, implementation and delivery of Safeguarding and PREVENT processes and policies across our clients organisation.
- Devise, implement and manage a safeguarding strategy to ensure the safety of staff and learners across our client’s organisation.
- Act as the central point of contact within the business for all safeguarding issues and queries.
- Responsible for implementing best practice and ensuring an effective safeguarding training programme for staff which is kept updated, recorded and meets business needs.
- Work together with management team to create a welcoming learning environment
- Create and deliver internal training activities
- Maintain own knowledge of safeguarding legislation, communicating any updates across the business effectively.
- Build and develop relationships both internal/external for the effective delivery of safeguarding and prevent agenda
- Achieve continuous improvement of safeguarding across the business. Ensuring safeguarding practices are effective and reports and trends are tracked and managed.
- Conducting internal and external observations of Teaching & Learning and Information, Advice and Guidance to ensure Safeguarding processes are adhered to.
- Ensure the continuous monitoring of the organisations central register
- Proven experience within a similar Safeguarding Lead / Management position within a School / Training and Education environment
- Ideally hold relevant qualifications within Safeguarding, IAG, Health and Safety
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding and PREVENT legislation and guidance in the UK.
- Experience of working with partner organisations which support with safeguarding practices.
- Experience of sourcing and delivering training within safeguarding.
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle.
- Must be flexible with national travel.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.