( Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Contract Type: Permanent and Part-Time
Hours: 22.5 hours per week (Monday-Friday) TTO for 40 weeks
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects - from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE's and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve "Outstanding" status after being classified as "Good" in our first inspection.
SGS College's Higher Education Department have an exciting opportunity for a HE Career Officer.
* You will design and deliver a creative and engaging range of professional careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) activities, developing on-line resources and tools as well as offering oneto-one guidance and group work to a diverse range of students.
* You will engage proactively with students, academic and professional support colleagues within SGS College and with external partners.
* You will be an outstanding communicator, with a passion for continuous improvement to services and for excellence in customers service.
* Your IT skills will be of a high level including the ability to communicate appropriately through social media.
* You will be primarily based at our Bristol campuses, responsible for delivering (CEIAG) to prospective and existing Higher Education (HE) students, with a strong focus on employability skills development via 1:1 guidance and group work.
* You will occasionally support the Matrix-accredited, SGS Schools and Further Education Careers service (16-19 year olds) in resource development and group work, as part of their successful and impartial service to the college and local schools
* Postgraduate Diploma in Careers Guidance or NVQ 6 Advice and Guidance or equivalent
* Experience and knowledge of coordination/management of staff.
* Knowledge and experience of Careers resources and/or services and providing support to enable clients to access learning or work
* Experience of delivering advice and guidance in the Higher Education sector
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: 22nd June 2020
Expected Interview Date: 1st July 2020
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children's Barred list check, as a requirement of the job. South Gloucestershire and Stroud College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.