£25000 - £38000 per annum
Tutor / Trainer,English,Functional Skills / Basic Skills
Permanent | Full Time
KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors.
Job Title: Functional Skills Tutor (English)
Location: Hertfordshire - Candidates must also be flexible with travel to surrounding areas
Salary: £25,000 - £38,000 (Dependent on qualifications and experience)
- Delivering English qualifications (GCSE and/or Functional Skills) in a classroom based setting.
- Utilise a range of creative and innovative teaching and learning tools.
- Identify any barriers to learning and plan effective training based on individual learner needs.
- Providing one to one and group support in order for them to progress through their qualifications.
- Identify learner's strengths and weakness' through initial assessment and support them accordingly.
- Provide progress feedback to learners and provide support to ensure they meet their set goal / target.
- Ensure each learner's progression is recorded efficiently.
- Experience of delivering GCSE and Functional Skills English, in a group / classroom setting.
- Ideally hold a recognised teaching qualification (such as PTLLS/AET, PGCE, Cert Ed etc).
- Hold own Functional Skills Level 2 in English (or GCSE equivalent)
- Organisational skills are a must, as well as the ability to plan your time effectively
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate learners.
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle.
- Demonstrate energy and passion to motivate and train clients.
- Enthusiastic individual who is able to make a real impact and make learning exciting.
- Demonstrate confidence, tenacity and ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, tailoring training sessions to meet the learner’s needs.
- Excellent organisation skills.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.