Morgan Hunt are looking for a Functional Skills Lecturer who can inspire those who have had a little to no education or a shaky start in life to see value the in learning. You will be able to recognises when challenging behaviour is down to lack of understanding and low self-esteem and are able to reach out to those learners and build them back up.
We are looking for a Functional Skills Lecturer that gets excited by writing and delivering engaging schemes of work that engage students across all walks of life and abilities getting them actively involved in learning. Experience of delivering Functional Skills to 16 - 18 learners is essential.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
* A recognised teaching or training qualification (e.g PTTLS, AET or PGCE) or be willing to work towards one
* A level 3 or equivalent qualification in numeracy and literacy
* Confident with the use of IT systems to maintain learner records
* Be able to track student progress
* Excellent organisation and time management skills
* Job satisfaction
* Fully equipped classrooms and workshops
* Smaller class sizes than in traditional teaching establishments enabling you to actively teach and not just manage the class
* A better work and home life balance as portfolios cannot be taken home therefore there is no home-based marking
If you are interested in this vacancy, then please click 'Apply now' and submit an up to date CV.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.