Up to £17500 per annum + Pension, Mileage, Healthcare
Functional Skills / Basic Skills
Permanent | Full Time
Functional Skills & Employability Tutor - Mansfield (Regional Role) - Up to £24,000 (DOE) / 32 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS STATS!! / Pension Scheme / Healthcare Scheme / 45p per mile.
The Role: Functional Skills & Employability Tutor
* This full time, permanent role requires the delivery of high-quality, classroom-based training on ESFA funded programmes to prepare learners for work
* You will be providing comprehensive support from enrolment to initial assessment through the delivery of an individualised programme of learning, developing all aspects of an individual's' employability journey
* You will be using a range of interesting and fun materials to keep learners engaged while being innovative with your teaching methods
* You will be tutoring in Maths, English and Employability skills in a group setting to learners of varying ability
* A DBS check prior to the commencement of role is required
Essential Requirements: Functional Skills & Employability Tutor
* You will possess a recognised teaching/training qualification
* You will be currently be delivering Functional Skills and Employability to young people (16 plus) or have been doing so within the last six months and experience of delivering Functional Skills within a classroom environment
* You will have a sound track record delivering Functional Skills and Employability and you will have experience of being a Youth Worker, Support Worker or Counsellor and this background has given you an awareness of the barriers to learning for 16-18 year old young people.
* You will be great at engaging with young people and helping them to become motivated to learn and progress.
* You will possess a minimum of GCSE English and Maths or Functional Skills level 2
The Employer: Functional Skills & Employability Tutor
* Established for over 30 years within the training industry, this employer offers training, lifelong learning, and education opportunities of the highest order, along with qualifications and sustainable employment opportunities. Ofsted Good but working towards grade 1 because they are the sort of company who believe only the best will do and to demonstrate this they possess an Investors in People Gold accreditation. They boast a sound track record of steady expansion and this is why this new role is arisen - because they do a great job and keep getting recommendations. To further illustrate their commitment to excellence they have accreditations with the Institute of Leadership & Management, Chartered Management Institute and a whole host of other awarding bodies.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. GPRS Recruitment whose registered address is 4-7 Gaolgate Street, Stafford ST16 2BG UK confirm that our client has instructed us that the position advertised herein is of a permanent nature. Due to the high number of applications which we regularly receive, regrettably, we only respond to successful candidates. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days then please assume that you have not been selected on this occasion, but don't worry. We'll retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.