Virtual Internships has successfully acquired AEB and ESFA funds to open the globally successful Virtual Internship program to UK learners seeking support and development in employability. What makes this role different from the standard Employability Tutor role is the opportunity to be part of a Top100 Global EdTech Start-up delivering an employability program that challenges the status quo.
You will be supporting the Innovative Partnerships Team to deliver outstanding learning experiences for mostly government funded learners through a blend of employability & skills training and our innovative Virtual Internship program.
What will the Intern Employability Coach / Intern Experience Manager be trying to solve?
The successful candidate will be:
- Part of a team remotely delivering innovative programs that support a wide range of learners using Virtual Internship innovative methods and EdTech formats.
- Coaching and mentoring the learner from registration through to post-completion.
- Delivering employability qualifications that have been embedded into the Virtual Internship model.
- Providing the best resources of support for a participant’s exploration into their employability skills and career pathway and enhancement of their personal development support through effective delivery of information, advice and guidance.
- Bridging the gap between the learner and the host company with close liaison with our Host Management Team.
- Being the first port of call for any learner concerns or questions from the learner from registration through to post completion support.
- Utilising the best coaching practices to empower the learner to progress to positive outcomes.
- Working across multiple backgrounds and cultures to support learners equally and effectively.
How big is the Innovative Partnerships team?
- This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly developed team of five, as Virtual Internships develops it’s program to support learners in the UK’s Employability and Skills sector.
- Additionally you will be working closely with various global teams across the organisation including Company Placement, Internship Experience and the Coaching teams.
Where is the role based?
Virtual Internships is a hybrid-remote company with colleagues in 25+ countries. As such we’re open to applicants who are based anywhere in the world but must have relevant knowledge of the UK’s Department for Work & Pensions, or similar government funding.
Skills You Will Need
- Empathy and understanding of employability challenges
- DWP, or similar government funding, knowledge
- Practical experience of securing employment progressions
- Ability to convey complex information to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience supporting learners personal and professional development
- Strength in juggling multiple tasks and priorities at once
- Understanding of coaching best practices
- Good IT skills and an ability to work with online learning systems independently.
- Experience in delivering qualifications such as Essential Digital Skills, Functional Skills would also be desirable (but not essential).
Qualifications You Will Need
- Further and Adult Education Teachers Certificate OR Cert Ed/PGCE/B Ed/M Ed OR PTLLS/CTLLS/DTLLS OR Level 3 Award/4 Certificate/5 Diploma in Education and Training
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment OR A1 OR D32/D33
- IQA qualifications would also be desirable.
Additional characteristics we expect our entire team to demonstrate
- Always learner experience focused
- Always find a way
- Dare to be different
- Dare to be challenged
- Action orientated: better to make a reversible bad decision than no decision at all
Some Basic Requirements
- UK based is preferred
- This role requires a DBS check
This role is an entirely remote position and you will need to ensure you have appropriate resources to work online.
1. Apply via our Careers Page: https://www.virtualinternships.com/about-us/careers/
2. One-way Video Interview
3. Initial Interview with Innovative Partnerships Manager
4. Final panel interview with senior management.