Circa £45,000 plus excellent benefits
Acton, West London
Tutor / Trainer,Electrical,Engineering and Manufacturing,Transport and Logistics
Permanent | Full Time
Electrical Engineering Instructor/Trainer
Transport for London
Acton, West London
Circa £45,000 plus excellent benefits
Transport for London is currently looking for a Electrical Engineering Trainer to deliver “off the job” electrical engineering training programmes up to level 4 standard to Apprentices so that they can progress to the next year of their chosen scheme.
In addition, you’ll have responsibility for delivering this training in line with nationally recognised Apprenticeship standards and lead body requirements.
• Responsible for designing and delivering the engineering technical training, theory and competence programs to the agreed Apprenticeship standards, embedding Maths and English learning objectives as appropriate.
• Ensure all training modules designed together with written and practical tests, are assessed and checked to the correct sign-off standard.
• Monitor and assess apprentices to lead body standards to achieve up to level 4 in technical engineering. Coach, mentor and identify gaps in knowledge and understanding. Devise and deliver plans to address any gaps.
• Liaise and work collaboratively with the Apprenticeship Development Managers on the progress of each apprentice to support them through the scheme.
• Monitoring and signing off apprentice electronic portfolios in line with program to enable them to move to the next year of the scheme.
• Ensuring all necessary training material and equipment are available to meet the required training outputs of the modules and Ofsted requirements.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate and confidential training records on each apprentice in line with GDPR, providing periodical reports on progress and ability of individuals.
• Accountable for the discipline, welfare and safe working environment within the training area, including regular safety inspections.
• Deliver all local induction training, key skills and all relevant Health & Safety legislation.
• Ensuring personal compliance with LU’s Competence Management System.
• In-depth knowledge of assessment process and lead body requirements. Desirable
• Excellent understanding of Apprenticeship Standards. Essential
• Good electrical engineering background. Essential
• Understanding of and ability to design for or manage different learning needs. Essential
• Extensive knowledge of all areas of the training cycle. Essential
• Knowledge of the capabilities of e-learning as a learning methodology. Desirable
• Experience of evaluating learning interventions at all levels. Essential
• Able to coach and mentor others effectively, with highly developed observation and feedback skills. Essential
• Good understanding of COO Learning management system, including course management system. Desirable
• Good understanding of COO Learning framework for the performance and development of delegates. Desirable
• Knowledge and experience of operational issues. Desirable
• Understanding of model business objectives and priorities. Desirable
• Understanding of model / operating procedures and issues facing TfL and the public sector. Desirable
• Understanding of relevant safety legislation and TfL safety processes and how they impact on Knowledge of post course reporting systems and reporting processes. Desirable
• Learner-centred delivery skills (including training, coaching, facilitation, e-learning). Essential
• Ability to assess delegates’ skills, knowledge and behaviours through various methods. Essential
• Excellent communication and influencing skills, both oral and written. Essential
• Strong coaching skills. Essential
• Ability to think creatively and provide multiple potential solutions to meet a learning need. Essential
• Ability to translate complex concepts and procedures into practical, easy to follow solutions that meet business need. Essential
• Take personal accountability within a self-managed team, for delivering agreed project elements to tight deadlines. Essential
• Proven practical experience in one of the Engineering Disciplines to a minimum of HNC or equivalent. Essential
• Experience in an electrical discipline Essential.
• Experience of working in a training environment in an Engineering Discipline. Essential
• Experience of conducting thorough training needs analyses at all levels. Essential
• Experience of designing and developing learner-centred training materials, using a range of methodologies including e-learning and blended learning. Essential
• A1 assessor or equivalent qualification. Essential
• Minimum of a level 5 teaching qualification – Cert. Ed. (or working towards). Essential
• Experienced in 18th edition electrical competence – Essential
In return for your dedication and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area and role, but may include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 29/30 days’ annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
On applying, you will need to supply your CV and a two page covering letter.
To apply please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 20 November 2018 @ 23: 59 hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.