Up to £30000 per annum + benefits
Manager,Tutor / Trainer,Functional Skills / Basic Skills
Permanent | Full Time
Curriculum Lead - Functional Skills - London - £30,000 - £32,000 depending upon experience / Continual professional development - all this company's senior managers joined the company in a lower capacity / Pension, 20 days holiday plus stats, laptop, mobile phone, travel expenses.
The Role: Curriculum Lead - Functional Skills
* Based at home, you will be traveling to the apprentice's place of work to meet with, oversee, evaluate and assess the Vocational Trainer in their delivery of functional skills - Maths, English and ICT. Therefore, you must be able to drive and possess your own vehicle.
* You will be designing innovative and engaging functional skills (particularly maths and English) and overseeing its delivery via Vocational Trainers. You will be a great ambassador for functional skills and always be thinking of new ways to get the message across to appeal to a diverse range of learning needs.
* You will setting the learning plans for the Vocational Trainers to ensure that functional skills is being effectively integrated into training.
* You will be undertaking initial functional skills assessments and identifying training needs and where additional support is required by the learners and then ensure the right type of support is provided.
* A DBS check prior to commencement of role is required.
Essential Requirements: Curriculum Lead - Functional Skills
* Understand the implication of funding in relation to functional skills
* Have extensive experience of how functional skills is applied within an apprenticeship setting
* Be responsible for funding and ensure the functional skills meets guidelines and have led a curriculum previously from a verification perspective.
* Have created the learning plans for the Vocational Trainers and then followed this up to ensure that each learner progresses
* You will be well educated in Maths and English with a minimum of a level 4 verifier qualification
The Employer: Curriculum Lead - Functional Skills
* This niche market training provider boasts a client portfolio of some of the most prestigious companies within its sector. All are large levy payers and all demand the same high standards of service as they deliver to their clients. Therefore, as you can imagine, the type of person they recruit must be professional in every aspect - excellent personal presentation, confident in the way they deal with people, exceptionally well organised, eloquent and articulate. The flip side of this is that they are exceptionally caring as they must genuinely care about the learner journey and be totally dedicated to ensuring each learner has an exceptionally good learning experience and feels totally supported - particularly those who may be have additional learning leads. The company has grown over the last few years and has worked hard to ensure that growth doesn't come at the expense of quality and this is the reason this role has arisen.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. GPRS Recruitment whose registered address is 4-7 Gaolgate Street, Stafford ST16 2BG UK confirm that our client has instructed us that the position advertised herein is of a permanent nature. Due to the high number of applications which we regularly receive, regrettably we only respond to successful candidates. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days then please assume that you have not been selected on this occasion, but don't worry. We'll retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.