£41,676 - £45,059 Per Annum
Manager,Quality Assurance (IQA / EQA),Careers Information Advice and Guidance,Employability / Welfare to Work,Functional Skills / Basic Skills
Permanent | Full Time
Job Title: Community Learning Department Manager
Hours per Week: 36
Nature of Employment: Permanent
DBS Required: Yes enhanced
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in April 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
The London Borough of Hounslow, Adult & Community Education Service are looking to recruit to their senior management team. We are looking for an inspiring and innovative manager with strategic vision and expertise of working in the community learning sector. The post holder will have extensive experience in developing a dynamic and innovative curriculum, up to date knowledge on as well as experience in leading high-quality provision in line with Ofsted requirements.
If you are energetic, enthusiastic and a well organised team player, able to work flexibly, to deliver outstanding outcomes, and passionate about sustaining an inclusive learning environment, this is the job for you
The role: To lead and manage The Community Learning Department overseeing the operational delivery of the department through a period of change and transition post devolution of the Adult Education Budget. To develop key partnerships to support regional priorities, local authority priorities, local community and employer needs, to engage with those furthest from learning. To develop alternative funding opportunities to sustain community provision and widen participation.
1. Responsible for leading and managing The Hounslow Adult & Community Education Community Learning Department and developing the offer to ensure that it meets the contract requirements as set out by The Greater London Authority (GLA). And is compliant to providing audit evidence required as agreed with the GLA to draw down funding, payment against outcome measures.
2. To understand the context of designing targeted provision that meets the needs of disadvantaged learners and families, which identifies clear progression opportunities that support successful and aspirational outcomes, and that widens participation in learning
3. Responsible for seeking potential funding streams, collaborating with other Services to generate alternative funding through successful bids, develop further income generation to support and sustain community learning to ensure funding is retained and quality improvements are implemented as set out in the departments/Services quality improvement plan & self-assessment report
4. Responsible for the management of the department team and staff members with regard to probationary, disciplinary and other related procedures, ensure continuous professional development offer to support staff, responsible for the monitoring and achievement of department key targets and the performance management of the department team.
1. Strong management and people skills, with the ability to motivate and lead others to achieve successful outcomes and deal with under performance
2. Ability to plan strategically, identify opportunities for development, have the skills to innovate a responsive curriculum that positively contributes and inspires community enterprise/cohesion
3. Ability to cope with continuous and complex changes, to be flexible, with a ‘can do’ attitude. And excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to work under pressure and able to prioritise workloads
4. Ability to maintain accurate records and manage outcomes, organising self and others to ensure that defined outcomes and goals are delivered effectively
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write accurate reports in plain English and present complex information in easily an easily- understandable form
Essential for The Role
1. Substantial experience of developing community learning provision and delivering provision which engages with hard to reach adults, communities and wider services, with a successful track record of curriculum planning and leadership, programme delivery, budget planning and financial management.
2. Successful track record of writing bids, to secure alternative funding streams to support the delivery of learning.
3. Substantial experience in management and leading staff in an era of change, with significant experience of working in a community education, training and development environment with a demonstrable track record of successful outcomes.
4. Demonstrable experience of Ofsted inspection
5. Minimum of two years teaching or training experience
• Have relevant vocational or professional qualifications/experience
• Have a recognised teaching qualification, Certificate in Education, PGCE or equivalent
• Level 2 Literacy and numeracy or equivalent (GCSE A* - C / 4-9)
• Excellent application of IT
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 2nd May 2019