Up to £11 per hour
Temporary | Full Time
I am working with a leading FE college in East London who are looking to appoint a Technician who can support the Painting & Decorating team on an ongoing basis.
As part of the Construction team, you will be responsible for looking after and maintaining College equipment and facilities, assisting teaching staff and learners in the workshop, and preparing and setting up equipment for lessons, and ordering new stock and inventory.
This is a student-facing role where you will be working with learners aged 16+ who are studying to become Decorators and therefore experience working with young people would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate would be:
* Be enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated and flexible
· Have good all round knowledge and skills in a range of construction trades with specific experience in Painting & Decorating either as a tradesperson or having supported this trade in an educational environment
· Experienced as a construction/DT technician
· Experienced working with 16-19 year olds
· Experienced in working with students with a range of support needs
Requirements for the role are as follows:
* Industry experience within the construction sector
* Level 2 qualification within Painting & Decorating
* FE experience a huge advantage although not essential Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role