Fareham College offers brand new state of the art facilities comprised of workshops, teaching classrooms, learning resource centres, restaurants, a theatre, a hair & beauty salon and associated facilities. In November 2017, the College received an 'Outstanding' judgement in its latest Ofsted inspection, making it only one of three colleges in the country to have converted to the highest grade in more than two years. It doesn't stop there; we were awarded FE College of Year 2018 and "Most Improved Workplace" in Britain's Healthiest Workplace Awards 2017.
The successful candidate will be a member of a team of over 300 academic and business support staff. We pride ourselves on providing the very best technical and professional training to set our students on the path to exciting and rewarding careers.
The Careers Centre is looking for a highly organised, flexible and motivated Careers Centre Advisor to join it's an innovative, fast paced environment and friendly team.
The role is an exciting, diverse position within the college, that provides Information Advice and Guidance (IAG) across 3 campuses to all our students including full time, part time, trainees, apprentices and HE students. The role plays a crucial part in our student's journey from application through until their final destination. The role requires a person who likes to be in a customer facing role, and willing to support students in finding out their career ambitions and course choices. This is a front facing role, and you will be representing the college not just within the organisation but also at occasional outreach events, so a professional appearance is required at all time. We are looking for someone to have a friendly and approachable manner, and must be highly organised and have a very keen eye for attention to detail as there is a high amount of data entry. If you have strong organisational skills, trained or working towards to your Level 3 Information, Advice and Guidance qualification, experience of handling confidential information and are a clear and concise communicator, then you may be who we are looking for.
To work within the Careers Centre and facilitate the successful enrolment and progression of all full time, part time, traineeship and HE students.
* Providing consistent and current information, advice and guidance to prospective and existing students.
* Representing the College at IAG and careers events ensuring that the information, advice and guidance is consistent and promotes all post 16 options and progression routes.
* Liaising with curriculum teams to advise on current application numbers, trends and other relevant intelligence to inform curriculum planning.
* Liaising with Business Plus (our apprenticeship provision team) to ensure a smooth transition from application to sign up for apprenticeship applicants.
* The ability to handle multiple enquiries, work flexibly and prioritise as appropriate
* A general understanding of the FE curriculum, success rates and funding methodology
* Excellent organisational skills and a track record of working within a busy team
* Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of customers.
30 Days Annual Leave, Local Government Pension scheme, Free on-site gym, Staff lounge, Staff development opportunities, Staff recognition scheme, Employee Recommendation Incentive and access to many more benefits.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.