Sales / Marketing / Recruitment,Engineering and Manufacturing,Leisure and Tourism,Sales, Marketing, and Procurement,Transport and Logistics
Permanent | Full Time
Business Development Manager – Training.
Reports to: Head of Training
This new role is integral to the sustained growth of our training business. Responsible for both business development and for oversight of the development and roll out of new training courses. Engaging with key stakeholders, developing relationships with both current and new business, and managing the performance of the training content developers (whether internal or external providers). Working collaboratively with the Head of Training supporting the overall business strategy to ensure outstanding delivery of a range of qualifications which include funded and commercial courses. Engage with our members to establish their training needs and promote the use of Apprenticeships and our commercial courses to our members and across the wider marine industry. Be at the forefront of not only supporting the growth of our training business, but also increasing the standards and reputation of the industry.
The role will be:
• Interim to Perm
• Hours will be 9 to 5, with the potential for such other hours as may be required to fulfil the duties of the role.
• It will be based at British Marine’s headquarters in Southampton.
• Home working during Covid-19 restrictions.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience within vocational training sector.
• Previous experience in a Business Development/Client Relationship management with evidence of achieving performance targets
• Experience in a sales environment and driven to working towards sales targets in a B2B environment.
• Experience and knowledge of the levy and funding streams
• Constant and effective target achiever and business closer against pre agreed targets.
• Excellent IT skills – working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM systems
• Knowledge of the Marine Industry would be a significant advantage.
• Self-starter, pro-active individual with outstanding organisational skills
• Honesty, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
• Possess excellent communication and influencing skills
• The ability to work under pressure, be flexible and resilient
• Excellent networking, listening and relationship building skills
• Passionate, enthusiastic and with the ambition and commitment to deliver
• Tactful and able to deal with difficult situations sensitively
• Exemplary written communication skills
• Possess a focus on achieving results
• Take a proactive approach
• Possess the tenacity to challenge the status quo and focus on continuous improvement.
• Able to remain confident and rational
• Act with a systematic and logical approach
• Able to comply with systems, procedures, rules, objectives and timescales.
• Able to counsel, negotiate and advise others
• Possess tact, diplomacy and a compliant approach.
• Investigative personality and driven by customer success.
• Sales motivated who enjoys over-achieving.
KEY RESULT AREAS • Main duties of the role:
• Working Collaboratively with the Head of Training to design and implement a training business strategy to maintain existing client base and grow the training business in line with the BM Training business plan.
• Prospect potential clients with support from BM resources
• Developing existing relationships with our members to generate new business, managing their expectations.
• Raising the profile and promoting the BM training to the wider BM Membership.
• Development of appropriate marine career pathways.
• Compiling and maintaining internal and external data as required.
• Negotiate and deliver local projects or contracts to meet customer or business needs.
• Attend internal and external meetings as required or product launches as necessary and present as required.
• Work collaboratively with the Head of Training to ensure desired outcomes are delivered in a timely manner.
• Deliver monthly reporting and accurate forecasting of course sales, training delivery against financial targets.
• Maintain control of costs to ensure profitability levels are maintained within budget.