Up to £21000 per annum
Permanent | Full Time
Morgan Hunt are working exclusively with Skills for Growth to recruit an experienced Assessor delivering Management, Business Administration, Customer Service, Team Leading IT and Functional Skills.
The main purpose of the role:
* To organise, plan and deliver Business Administration, Customer Service, Management, IT, Team Leading and Functional Skills sessions to groups of young people.
* To deliver inclusive, creative, engaging and motivating lessons to learners.
* To be responsible for supporting learners to achieve targeted qualifications in a timely fashion and evidencing the support given.
* To work effectively as part of a team to support learners to overcome barriers so they attend, enjoy and progress.
* To be skilled in drawing out young people's aspirations, working with them to reach their goals.
* To have a strong empathy and passion for working with a variety of young people
* To manage the success of a learner cohort and maintain an excellent professional relationships
* To develop and maintain high quality relationships with employers working with SFG Apprentices and secure business development opportunities wherever appropriate.
* To visit Employers/Learners on a minimum of a 6 weekly basis to assess and review their skills and progress ensuring that the learners are motivated and are progressing through their apprenticeship.
* To Liaise with Team Leader to ensure all learners are achieving in a timely manner.
* To manage and keep up to date all paperwork and e portfolio entries according to funding and organisational requirements.
* To retain minimum risk rating in terms of internal audit processes - maintain high quality learner data
* To personally demonstrate the core values of the combined organisation ensuring equality of opportunity for both learners and staff.
* Be accountable for the success and progress of a defined learner cohort per contract/academic year
* Ability to deliver minimum of OTL grade 2 teaching sessions
The main duties of the role:
* Carry out introductory visit to all new Learners/Employers within 2 weeks from their start date. Ensuring accurate records/Insurance Details are up to date and visits are maintained in Outlook which reflects assessment/review activity.
* Carry out training/assessment activities which may be cross programme and multi sited.
* Carry out teaching for a minimum of 25 hours per week This is for the teaching role only - it needs to be less for the dual tutor/assessor role; 1 full day planning, preparation, development and marking. Carry out an agreed number of hours teaching & assessing per week
* Deliver excellent, inclusive, creative, engaging and motivating lessons to learners.
* Ensure differentiation is planned into every session to allow for individual learner needs and skills to be met/challenged.
* Retain a minimum of Grade 2 OTL with aim of Grade 1.
* To have a strong empathy and passion for working with a variety of young people many of whom have had difficulties with learning or in their personal circumstances which have prevented them from progressing.
*Ensure an inclusive, judgement free and positive learning experience within classes.
* Be flexible in the classroom to ensure delivery is appropriate to the needs of the class.
* Maximise opportunities to explore, challenge and expand on Equality and Diversity as issues arise.
* Ensure emphasis is given during every lesson to reinforce spelling and grammar and that all training materials are of a high quality and contain no spelling or grammatical errors.
* Deliver within set parameters, policies and procedures relating to the young people.
* Ensure that you work to the same standards driven by the SFG policies and procedures in terms of learner (attendance, punctuality, discipline and reinforcement of spelling and grammar) making sure that all registers are kept up to date for all cohorts.
* Where appropriate - upload all assessed work onto learner e portfolio within 1 weeks allowing for motivation of learner.
* Actively communicate with appropriate colleagues to ensure that the learners are working towards their end date and that all other components of their programme are being achieved.
* Awareness of claim dates and deadlines for submission of achievements; ensuring that all claims are passed to the IQA with all relevant components and signatures are in place to avoid claim issues.
* To attend all External Verifier/IQA standardisation activities as per company and awarding body requirements and to respond to any feedback/recommendations for improvements.
* To communicate immediately with the Team Leader any issues that may impact on achievements.
* Learner Progress & Work
* Have excellent communication with assessor/tutor to ensure clarity on progress towards Functional Skills/theory based tests.
* Marking to be returned to learners within 48 hours of being submitted.
* Exams & Invigilation
* Ensure Team Leader is informed of learners that have been assessed as competent to be entered for tests in timely fashion and ensuring that there is invigilation available.
If you are interested in applying for the above role, please submit your up to date CV that clearly outlines your experience and suitability for the requirements. Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role