Tutor / Trainer
Permanent | Full Time
Location: Capenhurst, Chester
Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £ 29,000.00 - £ 31,611.00 plus excellent benefits
About the role
Here at Babcock we are looking to recruit an Incident Responder to Foot Patrol, Vehicle Patrol, Main Gate search, Control Room operate and any other security related roles Respond safely and appropriately to a Fire or Safety Incident
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation. We also offer a supportive work environment where innovation is at the heart of what we do.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to have be security industry authority accredited, minimum SC Cleared (preferable DV cleared), have conflict management experience, L3 training delivery accredited in adult learning, training delivery, fire-fighter trained, nuclear industry experience, hold an SIA and driving license and be first aid trained.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
* Carry out duties aligned to the site security and safety on a BAU and Incident Response basis, responding to security, fire and safety incidents when required to do so
* Carry out duties on the Main Gate carrying out vehicle searches and check visitor/staff passes during daytime hours. During silent hours the gate person will utilise the operations room at the main gate, with the gate and all barriers secure.
* Control access to and from site - Check passes of employees and visitors as they come onto site. Prevent Unauthorised Individuals entering the site. Control flow of vehicles leaving site. Prevent access to site during an incident as directed by Site Emergency Control Centre (SECC) (except when directed by SECC to admit external emergency vehicles and/or named individuals).
* Keep entrance and exit clear for emergency vehicles during an incident. Follow procedures for access at different times. Key control - Issue, receive and securely hold keys and maintain a key register.
* Search vehicles & pedestrians - Search of pedestrians with baggage. Search entering temporary pass-holder vehicles. Search a proportion of entering permanent pass-holder vehicles. Search a proportion of exiting vehicles. Detect Prohibited Material (including search for explosives using the Smith's machine, or a dog if costs allow).
* Carry out Control Room duties as required. Monitor CCTV and security systems - Assessment of risks to the site through the use of CCTV. Monitor alarm systems.
* Receive and process emergency calls - Respond to SLA for emergency calls.
* Support emergency response and deploy resources - Respond appropriately to emergency calls and prompt necessary action. Monitor CCTV and alarm systems as appropriate. Coordinate emergency response as appropriate.
* As part of the patrol force. Carry out Perimeter checks at of the entire site perimeter following SLA for searches on foot. Coordinate with control room on perimeter matters.
* Identify & report any damage to fence, suspected breaches or any objects on or near the fence that could be used as a climbing aid or could reduce the fence's effectiveness. Identify damage to the perimeter fence or surrounding area that may indicate a breach. Identify objects that could reduce the effectiveness of the fence (e.g. a ladder). Report suspected breaches to the control room
* Investigate suspected breaches.
* Detect and challenge unauthorised persons - Detect unauthorised persons - using dogs if appropriate. Prevent unauthorised persons from further breaching security. Control unauthorised persons until external emergency services arrive. Act within the protocols of civil powers of arrest and detention.
* Building integrity checks - Out of hours, ensure locked buildings are secure. Out of hours, ensure security integrity of operational buildings. Building open / lock up - Locking and unlocking of specified buildings, either at set times or on request from an authorised person.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* This will work on a shift system to suit the role and site requirements. You will need to be prepared for work emergency shift pattern (12 hours on/12 hours off) for short durations during an emergency.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.